Please Note: Updated information for the Class of 2027 will be available in early June 2023.
Customs is Haverford College's First-Year Experience program, which includes a five-day orientation immediately preceding the fall semester.
An important portion of the Customs program is the new student orientation experience, also known as Customs Week. This week serves as a foundation for learning to live in community with one another. During Customs week, new students will get to know each other, experience student self governance, learn Haverford’s history, and have lots of fun in the meantime. Customs Week 2022 runs between August 24th and August 28th.Customs Schedule (PDF)
Customs is also a yearlong program that provides students with a community of support and learning throughout their first year at Haverford. Customs teams advise first-year students on the academic transition into college, the history and workings of the Honor Code, and building an affirming and inclusive community. The yearlong curriculum helps new students learn from and about each other's perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences.
Visit the New Students site to find everything you need to get ready for a smooth transition to Haverford College!
New Student Check-In (Required)
Wednesday, August 24, 2022
9:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m.
Founders Hall | View on Campus Map
The New Student Check-In process includes verifying health records, satisfying student accounts, picking up room keys, and receiving student identification cards.
We strongly encourage all students to arrive during the registration hours. Lunch is provided to new students and their families. We suggest printing out Haverford’s campus map and bringing it with you when you arrive.
Early & Late Arrivals
If you have not been pre-approved to arrive early, arrive on Wednesday, August 24, 2022. Arriving after 4 p.m.? Contact hc-reslife [at] haverford.edu — your room key and OneCard will be available at the Campus Safety Office.
New Students Quick Links
- Access and Disability Services
- Campus Safety
- Center for Career and Professional Advising
- Center for Gender Resources and Sexuality Equity
- Counseling & Psychological Services
- Dean's Office & Student Life
- Dining Services
- First-Year Housing
- New Students Site
- Haverford Email
- Health Services
- Instructional & Information Technology Services
- John P. Chesick Scholars Program for First-Generation/Low-Income Students
- Marilou Allen Office of Service & Community Collaboration
- Office of Academic Resources
- Office of International Student Support
- Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Access
- Office of Multicultural Affairs
- Policies & Student's Guide
- Religious & Spiritual Life
- Students' Council
- Student Engagement
- Quaker Affairs