The Office of Institutional Research at Haverford College supports campus decision-making, policy development, assessment, and accreditation activities in relation to the College's educational mission.
Within a comprehensive program of institutional research, the Office gathers and maintains longitudinal institutional data, conducts regular and ad hoc analyses, coordinates external reporting, and supports College initiatives on assessment and institutional improvement.
Common Data Set
Haverford College Governance & Organization
Haverford College History and Campus
Admission and Financial Aid
- Admission Statistics
- Characteristics of the Entering Class
- Financial Aid Statistics
- Graduation rate by Financial Aid category
Faculty and Academic Program
- Faculty Statistics
- Student : Faculty Ratios
- Scientific Facilities and Equipment
- Artistic Facilities and Equipment
- Instructional and Information Technology Services
- Institutional Dashboard: Longitudinal Haverford data on admission, enrollment, completion, charges and discount rate, endowment, alumni giving, endowment and student aid per FTE, and carbon footprint.
- Outcomes Dashboard: Longitudinal and/or comparative data on completion by race/ethnicity, net price by family income level, first destinations, awards and fellowships, baccalaureate origins of PhD recipients, and median debt.
- IPEDS Data Feedback Report: Haverford compared to the median of 48 institutions on a variety of measures pertaining to admission, enrollment, retention, net price, completions, finance, staffing, instructional salaries, and libraries.
- College Navigator (NCES- National Center for Education Statistics): Haverford College Profile data from various IPEDS surveys.
- College Scorecard (US Department of Education): Haverford College Profile data from IPEDS and the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS). Student debt, cost, and earnings data reflect only students receiving Federal Financial Aid; some Haverford data is suppressed due to small N.
Student Achievement and Outcomes
The Haverford Experience
- Senior Class Satisfaction
- General Education and Capstone Achievement (Direct Assessment)
- Outcomes Dashboard
- Beyond Haverford (the Liberal Arts as career preparation, including alumni profiles, awards, and outcomes by industry and graduate study—which can be filtered by major)
- First Destinations
- Fellowships and Scholarship Recipients
- Law School Admission
- Medical School Admission
- Alumni Measures of Satisfaction and Preparation
- Baccalaureate Origins of PhD Recipients
Higher Education Opportunity Act (HEOA)
The Higher Education Opportunity Act (HEOA) of 2008, which reauthorized the Higher Education Act of 1965, requires Haverford College to centralize and make available to prospective and enrolled students, faculty, and staff, certain information about the College’s policies and practices, operations, and costs.
This information is hosted in various places across the College’s website and is assembled and displayed on the HEOA website to provide easy access.
- Amherst College, MA
- Bowdoin College, ME
- Bryn Mawr College, PA
- Carleton College, MN
- Claremont McKenna College, CA
- Davidson College, NC
- Middlebury College, VT
- Mount Holyoke College, MA
- Pomona College, CA
- Smith College, MA
- Swarthmore College, PA
- Vassar College, NY
- Wellesley College, MA
- Wesleyan University, CT
- Williams College, MA
Professional Organizations and Tools
- Association of American Colleges & Universities (AAC&U)
- Association for Institutional Research (AIR)
- Association of Independent Colleges and Universities of Pennsylvania (AICUP)
- Chronicle of Higher Education: Facts & Figures
- College Affordability and Transparency Center
- College Navigator
- College Scorecard
- Higher Education Data Sharing Consortium (HEDS)
- Higher Education Research Institute (HERI)
- Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities (NAICU)
- National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
- National Institute for Learning Outcomes Assessment (NILOA)
- Northeast Association for Institutional Research (NEAIR)
- Middle States Commission on Higher Education
- Student Affairs Assessment Leaders