Haverford College is an accredited institution and a member of the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE) www.msche.org. Haverford College's Accreditation Status is Accreditation Reaffirmed. The Commission's most recent action on the institution's accreditation status in 2015 was to reaffirm accreditation following the Periodic Review Report. Haverford also submitted a follow-up report in 2017. The next self-study process began in 2018 and culminated in fall 2020 with a virtual team visit. The Commission decision regarding re-accreditation is anticipated in March 2021.
MSCHE is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). Middle States is not a government agency; it is a voluntary, peer-based membership association. This group sets standards and makes decisions about accreditation. Institutions are re-accredited through a process of self-study followed by a site visit.
Information about Haverford's accreditation phase and status may be found on the College's directory listing within the Middle States Commission on Higher Education webpage.
Haverford College is authorized to award degrees by the Pennsylvania Department of Education.
All inquiries concerning the accreditation of Haverford College can be directed to:
- Catherine Fennell, Director of Institutional Research
- Richard Freedman, Associate Provost for Curricular Development and Support, John C. Whitehead Professor of Music
- Jesse Lytle, Vice President and Chief of Staff
- 2020 Middle States Self Study Report
- 2018 Approved Self Study Design
- 2017 Middle States Commission on Higher Education Statement of Accreditation Status
- 2017 Haverford College Follow-up Report
- 2015 Haverford College Periodic Review Report
- 2010 Middle States Self Study Report
- 2004 Haverford College Periodic Review Report