Grants & Research Support
The Grants & Research Support team serves to provide oversight, record keeping, communications, and resource support for all faculty grants and other research resources. In addition, the team assures compliance with federally mandated regulations and works closely with the various committees tasked to serve this function. The team will also serve as a communication conduit with other departments at the College that provide faculty support, including the Controller's Office, Human Resources, and Payroll. More recently, this team also assists members of the community in intellectual property matters, working closely with the President's Office.
- Faculty Grants - track/announce internal and external grants, fellowships and awards
- Support for the research compliance committees (IACUC, IBC, Lab Safety, IRB) prepare materials, compile minutes, and archive documents.
- Coordination of account setup for grants, fellowships, and salary support
- Oversight of Faculty Research and Travel Funds and related budget oversight, in conjunction with the Associate Provost and Assistant Provost.
- Coordination of internal funding awards, including Faculty Research Grants and Student Research Assistant Funding.
- Assists with identifying and communicating with potential funding agencies
- Administers the submission of faculty proposals, including all government proposals, through Grants.gov or other portals
- Reviews and edits, as requested, faculty proposals and assists faculty with the preparation and review of their budgets for research and other grant proposal submissions
- Assists with post-award issues, such as rebudgeting, hiring support personnel, and preparing and submitting annual and final reports.
- Partners with the Provost's Office and the Controller's Office on a regular basis to monitor and ensure faculty compliance with all internal and appropriate external regulations
- Supports work of federally mandated committee structures (IACUC, IBC, Lab Safety, IRB). This includes acting as a liaison amongst these committees and the Provost's Office, and is responsible for official communications with federal governing bodies.
- Collaborates with the Laboratory Safety Committee and the Occupational Safety & Health Officer as it relates to grant and research support.
- Collaborating with faculty regarding their external grants and support
- Serving as Authorized Organizational Representative (OAR)