Grants & Research Support
The Grants & Research Support team serves to provide oversight, record keeping, communications, and resource support for all faculty grants and other research resources. In addition, the team assures compliance with federally mandated regulations and works closely with the various committees tasked to serve this function. The team will also serve as a communication conduit with other departments at the College that provide faculty support, including the Controller's Office, Human Resources, and Payroll. More recently, this team also assists members of the community in intellectual property matters, working closely with the President's Office.
Associate Director for Academic Administration
eschulthei [at] haverford.edu
- Oversight of Faculty Research and Travel Funds and related budget oversight, in conjunction with the Associate Provost and Assistant Provost.
- Coordination of internal funding awards, including Faculty Research Grants and Student Research Assistant Funding.
Director of Sponsored Research
selkin [at] haverford.edu
- Assists with identifying and communicating with potential funding agencies
- Administers the submission of faculty proposals, including all government proposals, through Grants.gov or other portals
- Reviews and edits, as requested, faculty proposals and assists faculty with the preparation and review of their budgets for research and other grant proposal submissions
- Assists with post-award issues, such as compliance, rebudgeting, no-cost extensions, and preparing and submitting annual and final reports.
- Partners with the Provost's Office and the Controller's Office on a regular basis to monitor and ensure faculty compliance with all internal and appropriate external regulations
- Supports work of federally mandated committee structures (IACUC, IBC, IRB). This includes acting as a liaison amongst these committees and the Provost's Office, and is responsible for official communications with federal governing bodies.
The William H. and Johanna A. Harris Professor in Environmental Studies and Chemistry; Associate Provost for Curricular Development & Research; Professor of Chemistry and Environmental Studies
hwhite [at] haverford.edu
- Collaborating with faculty regarding their external grants and support
- Serving as Authorized Organizational Representative (AOR)
- Liaison with research compliance committees (IACUC, IRB, IBC, including serving as Human Protection Administrator for the IRB)
Associate Provost for Strategic Initiatives; Associate Professor of English
Woodside Cottage 202
lmcgrane [at] haverford.edu
- Collaborating with faculty and Institutional Advancement on external funding for individual humanities research, institutional grants and partnerships
- Serving as Authorized Organizational Representative (AOR) for humanities scholarship grants