We are pleased to report that last year’s pilot program to increase the travel and research fund to a maximum of $3000 will continue. The fund allows faculty to apply for up to $3000 in funding on a rolling basis throughout the year to support conference travel and/or research initiatives.
The fund may be used for expenses related to:
- research and scholarship materials
- publication costs
- travel to off-campus research sites
- conference travel
- to give an invited paper, serve as an invited participant, or chair a session
- to give a contributed talk
- to serve on the board or as an officer of a learned society
- to attend a meeting for the purpose of professional development
How to apply: Apply at any time throughout the year. Full-time visiting faculty are not eligible.
Funding terms: Faculty must apply and receive approval before using the funds (e.g. apply before traveling, apply before purchasing research related expenses). Annual funding allotment of $3,000 does not roll over. The full allotment is available July 1st and it must be approved, spent and submitted for reimbursement by June 30th of the following year.
Limitations: The funds cannot be used for the following categories:
- Salary for student workers (please see the “Student Research Assistant Fund”)
- Computers, computer equipment, devices or hardware (unless specialized technology needed for research specific purpose)
- Meals while traveling on a research trip (meals for conferences are allowable)
- Dues, memberships or subscriptions (unless required for conference registration). Please inquire with the Library regarding subscriptions to scholarly journals.
- Gas receipts for personal car trips (must submit mileage)
- Personal reimbursement for payment of professional services (you may apply for funds to hire a professional entity but any entity hired for professional services must be paid directly by the College, not through the faculty member – please have entity submit an invoice)
- Tenure-line/ Continuing