The fund allows faculty to apply for up to $3000 in funding on a rolling basis throughout the year to support conference travel and/or research initiatives.
The fund may be used for expenses related to:
- research and scholarship materials
- publication costs
- travel to off-campus research sites
- conference travel
- to give an invited paper, serve as an invited participant, or chair a session
- to give a contributed talk
- to serve on the board or as an officer of a learned society
- to attend a meeting for the purpose of professional development
How to apply: Apply at any time throughout the year. Full-time visiting faculty are not eligible.
Funding terms: Faculty must apply and receive approval before using the funds (e.g. apply before traveling, apply before purchasing research related expenses). Annual funding allotment of $3,000 does not roll over. The full allotment is available July 1st and it must be approved, spent and submitted for reimbursement by June 30th of the following year.
Limitations: The funds cannot be used for the following categories:
- Salary for student workers (please see the “Student Research Assistant Fund”)
- Computers, computer equipment, devices or hardware (unless specialized technology needed for research specific purpose)
- Meals while traveling on a research trip (meals for conferences are allowable)
- Dues, memberships or subscriptions (unless required for conference registration). Please inquire with the Library regarding subscriptions to scholarly journals.
- Gas receipts for personal car trips (must submit mileage)
- Personal reimbursement for payment of professional services (you may apply for funds to hire a professional entity but any entity hired for professional services must be paid directly by the College, not through the faculty member – please have entity submit an invoice)
Those traveling on College business are also provided with Travel Accident insurance coverage. The coverage insures against accidental death and provides five times the annual base salary up to a maximum of $500,000. The coverage applies to all accidents, and includes riding as a passenger on any form of public transportation or driving a personal car. Further details are available from the Office of Human Resources.
- Tenure-line/ Continuing