Provides full administrative support to the faculty and department chairs in the assigned location by performing recurring procedures, and also by acting on non-routine situations through application of office guidelines and general practices. Performs duties with minimal direction. Requires general supervision for assigned special activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide full administrative support to the faculty and department chairs. Create and maintain calendars of their administrative duties, making certain College deadlines are met and compile/prepare complex reports at their request.
- Coordinate the preparation/duplication of course packets, assignment sheets, etc. Prepares routine correspondence, syllabi, recommendations, one-time reports and special departmental specific materials. Responsible for own, and to a limited extent, principals’ quality of work by reviewing materials for accuracy and conformity with procedures. Utilizes specialized and technical terminology. Ensures that copies and attachments are accurately distributed in a timely manner.
- Coordinates special events for the department/programs. Works with department chair, program and concentration coordinators and the Registrar’s Office to schedule courses and classroom assignments. Works with Director of Academic Scheduling and Distinguished Visitors to set up speaking engagements, travel arrangements, overnight accommodations, and dinners for guest lecturers. Generates and distributes announcement and coordinates lecture series. Anticipates needs and prepares materials for speakers.
- Regularly reviews the department website in consultation with the department chair. Submits requests for updating and/or revising content to the Academic Web Support Specialist.
- Tracks department/program expenses. Coordinates administrative forms processing for the office. Maintains highly reliable record-keeping system. Exercises discretion in all matters of confidentiality.
- Oversees/assists in training student support staff.
- Orders supplies and distributes mail in a timely fashion.
- Under direction of the supervisor, may conduct special projects as assigned.
- Responsible for maintaining office machines and equipment, coordinating repair services as needed.
- Act as building advocate. Notify Facilities Management Coordinator of building issues that need attention and follow up to ensure issue has been resolved.