To Apply for a CPGC Fellowship, all applicants must submit an application that includes a cover letter, a resume, an essay, and a recommendation. Applicants for self-designed internships must also complete a supplemental essay and ensure submission of a letter of invitation. Most of the key components are submitted through the application form.
To apply, please develop:
- Cover Letter
- For partnerships, address the cover letter to the partner organization, selection committee or specific individuals, as noted on the partner info sheet.
- For self-designed fellowships, address the cover letter to “CPGC Fellowship Selection Committee”
- Indicate how you are prepared to serve the goals of the organization and what experiences qualify you to carry out the particular opportunity to which you’re applying (For partnerships, refer to the specific Info Sheet)
- Describe how you, through your work and life experience and/or identity, language abilities, and academic preparation, are a great match for the needs of the organization and specific position to which you’re applying or with which you’re developing a self-designed experience
- Follow cover letter format guidelines precisely (look at samples provided), including 1-page limitation
- Follow resume format guidelines precisely (look at samples provided), including 1-page limitation
- For Everyone: How are you prepared for responsible and ethical engagement in this context, what challenges do you anticipate, and what do you hope to learn or explore in these areas? (500 word maximum).
- Supplement for Self-Designed Internships: Identify the issue your internship is designed to address or better understand and indicate why it is significant historically, politically, socially, and culturally. Provide a clear, detailed description of the proposed internship. If available, please include a link to the host organization. (500 word maximum).
- The recommendation should be completed by a Haverford College faculty or staff member, or someone you have worked with in a professional capacity, volunteer role, or educational environment in the past. Recommenders should not be family members or close friends.
- For Self-Designed Internships, a Letter of Invitation from the host organization or community must be sent to hc-cpgc [at] haverford.edu, indicating interest in the initiative you have proposed, and how our work will support ongoing community interests and desires.
- Your Complete Application through the Application Form: All of the materials, with the exception of the recommendation and letter of invitation for self-designed internships, are submitted through the CPGC Fellowship Application Form. Check back in mid-late Fall semester for the 2024 application
- For partnerships, double-check the partner info sheet to determine whether there are any additional requirements (occasionally, partners require specific additional essays or an interview).
Deadline: Sunday, February 11, 2024 at 11:59 pm (for all students)
CPGC Summer Fellowship decision committees evaluate self-designed and partnership Fellowship applications with the following rubric. Partnership applications are also reviewed by the partner organization, with the partner having final selection of the Fellow(s).