Key Commitments and Dates for 2023 CPGC Fellowships
Unless otherwise noted, all dates below are required components of the Fellowship experience:
- Early Application Opportunity: Opens November 10, 2022. Closes November 30 or after first 25 submissions.
- Individuals who receive need-based financial support through the College are eligible to apply for a summer fellowship at this earlier deadline.
- This opportunity is intended only for students who are certain they wish to secure a Summer 2023 CPGC Fellowship.
- If your first choice for Summer 2023 is not a CPGC experience, we ask that you allow other students to apply for the early deadline.
- Opportunity to apply for the early deadline will officially open on November 10. The application will be closed again on November 30 or when we have received 25 early applications, whichever comes first.
- Students will be offered funding by December 16 and asked to commit to the Fellowship by January 6. A condition of funding is that all early decision students must complete required forms (e.g. background checks, workday registration, travel registry, etc.) by January 30, 2022.
- All of the commitments enumerated below apply to early applicants as well.
- Regular Application Deadline: February 12, 11:59 p.m. ET
- Students applying to partnerships will need to participate in an interview the week of February 21st, depending on scheduling with partner organizations.
- As part of the application process, all students must identify a fall course they will opt into to continue the learning related to their summer experience.
- Regular deadline students will be offered funding by March (TBD) and asked to commit to the Fellowship by March (TBD)
- All CPGC Fellows must attend preparatory workshops that will take 6 - 12 hours of time during the spring term.
- Philadelphia Region Interns Orientations participate in the Philadelphia Orientation Program, May 15 - 19, 2023; Other cohorts (beyond Philadelphia) may have additional cohort expectations during the time between graduation and June 1.
- Internship experiences occur between: mid-May and mid-August (with variation depending on partner agency and/or PJEF Program acceptance). Fellows may have periodic biweekly check-ins with cohort facilitators, peers and/or mentors.
- Mid-summer reflection due: July 10
- Amplification & Mobilization due: August 1
- Final report due: August 15
- All CPGC Fellows enroll in a fall course where they continue to explore the issues they investigated during the summer. Many students identify their own courses, while many also enroll in one of the following courses:
- Development, Human Rights, and Transnational Injustices (POLS H301A)
- Human Rights in Philadelphia and Pennsylvania - in National and Global Context (ICPR H319A)
- Reconnection, Communication, and Shared Reflection Event: A mid-September Sunday afternoon TBD
- CPGC Ignite Talks and Poster Fair, A mid-to-late-October Friday evening, TBD.