Current or Returning Students
The 2022-2023 deadline for current/returning students to file all necessary forms is April 20, 2022.
Financial Aid Applications to Complete
- 2022-2023 online College Board Profile Application
- 2022-2023 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
In addition, you must submit signed copies of all 2020 Federal 1040 tax returns, W-2 forms, and schedules for you and your parents. This includes Puerto Rico or other foreign tax returns. These forms are submitted to the College Board’s Institutional Documentation Service (IDOC). See Submitting Supporting Documents (IDOC) for more information on how IDOC works. Do not send any tax documents directly to Haverford College.
- If your parents are single, divorced, or separated, you and the parent with whom you reside will complete the College Board CSS Profile application for yourselves, and your noncustodial parent will complete a CSS Profile application independently. It is recommended that you and your custodial parent start the CSS Profile application first, since the noncustodial parent will not be able to complete their own Profile until the student has selected a college that requires noncustodial parent information. Noncustodial parents will have to send a complete and signed copy of all pages of their 2020 U.S., Puerto Rico, or foreign tax returns, including all W-2 forms and tax schedules, to The College Board’s Institutional Documentation Service (IDOC). See Submitting Supporting Documents (IDOC).
- All students are required to file any application for any grant program provided by their state government that can be used at a Pennsylvania institution.
- Federal Verification. Some students applying for federal aid will be selected by the Department of Education (ED) for a process called “Verification.” This is a quality-control process. Haverford College verifies all students who are selected by ED and appear eligible to receive federal financial aid funding under the provisions of Title IV. Students selected will receive notice from both ED and Haverford College. Failure to submit the required documentation within 90 days of such notification may result in a cancellation of your eligibility for federal financial aid. No federal financial aid funds will be credited to your account until the verification process is complete. Common verification forms are below. Refer to the instructions you receive from Haverford to determine which forms you need to complete. If you are unsure, contact the Financial Aid Office.
- Verification Form for Dependent Students
- Verification Form for Independent Students
Notification of Your Financial Aid Decision
Financial Aid Decisions for current/returning students will be mailed during the first week of July.
Decisions will be mailed to the primary address reported on the CSS Profile or FAFSA. If this is the address you are required to use for these forms, but is NOT where you plan to reside, you must make your own arrangements to have your mail forwarded to you.
Late or incomplete submission of financial aid forms (including supplemental forms and tax documents) may cause a delay in our being able to notify you of your financial aid eligibility in a timely fashion. However, it is Haverford’s policy to honor a student’s financial need in full, and no delay by itself will cause a reduction in financial aid funding.