It is important that you and your parents read the complete information on required Financial Aid forms and submit materials by the following deadlines.
Haverford will notify you of your financial aid decision at the time of admission.
By February 1
- Register an account with the College Board if you do not have one already
- Submit the 2021-2022 Profile Application to the College Board. Haverford’s Profile application code is 2289.
- Submit the 2021-2022 FAFSA to the Federal Government: Haverford's FAFSA Code is 003274
- Submit signed copies of all pages and schedules of your parents' 2019 U.S., Puerto Rico, or foreign tax return plus W-2's to the College Board's Institutional Documentation Service (IDOC). Do not send tax documents directly to Haverford College. See Submitting Supporting Documentation (IDOC).
- If your parents own, operate, or are in any way involved in a farm or business (including but not limited to any income for which they have or will file a Schedule C on their U.S. income tax return), they must complete and submit a 2021-2022 Business Farm Supplement (pdf).
- If your parents are single, divorced, or separated, you and the parent with whom you reside will complete the College Board CSS Profile application for yourselves, and your noncustodial parent will complete a CSS Profile application independently. It is recommended that you and your custodial parent start the CSS Profile application first, since the noncustodial parent will not be able to complete their own Profile until the student has selected a college that requires noncustodial parent information. The noncustodial parent will need to create a College Board account before providing their information. Information on how parents can set up their own account can be found at College Board Account Help. Noncustodial parents will have to send a complete and signed copy of all pages of their 2019 U.S., Puerto Rico, or foreign tax returns, including all W-2 forms and tax schedules, to The College Board’s Institutional Documentation Service (IDOC). See Submitting Supporting Documents (IDOC).
- All students are required to file any application for any grant program provided by their state government that can be used at a Pennsylvania institution.
- Federal Verification. Some students applying for federal aid will be selected by the Department of Education (ED) for a process called “Verification.” This is a quality-control process. Haverford College verifies all students who are selected by ED and appear eligible to receive federal financial aid funding under the provisions of Title IV. Students selected will receive notice from both ED and Haverford College. Failure to submit the required documentation within 90 days of such notification may result in a cancellation of your eligibility for federal financial aid. No federal financial aid funds will be credited to your account until the verification process is complete. Common verification forms are below. Refer to the instructions you receive from Haverford to determine which forms you need to complete. If you are unsure, contact the Financial Aid Office.
- Verification Form for Dependent Students
- Verification Form for Independent Students