All student workers MUST log into Workday, the College's HR/Payroll system to on-board as a new hire and enter time worked. You will use the same login and password created for your campus email.
For online training videos and instruction on how to use Workday, we highly encourage all new hires to view the Hourly Staff and Student Worker Training. To download the mobile app, go to Workday App Configuration.
Important Note: All students who have never worked for the College before MUST provide original I-9 documentation within 3 Days of Hire. Copies and faxes are not acceptable. I-9 documentation provides proof of one's eligibility to legally work in the United States. Please see the list of acceptable I-9 documents provided for your convenience. Learn more about completing elections in Workday.
The mission of the student employment program is to provide students with meaningful work experiences that build practical skills particular to a certain function and general skills such as: punctuality, discipline, honesty, thoroughness, teamwork, and problem solving. Building these employment skills works in partnership with the academic program which forwards students’ intellectual development in the liberal arts.
- Support and enhance the career/job preparation success of students attending Haverford
- Maintain a wide array of employment opportunities that include:
- Entry-, mid-, and supervisory-level skills.
- A wide range of work areas such as: dining, facilities, library, conference and events, administrative services, etc.
- Provide developmental and rewarding student employment experiences for those who could benefit from job coaching to gain base-level effectiveness and those who are already highly proficient.
- Make students aware of employment opportunities throughout Haverford campus community via the Center for Career and Professional Advising (CCPA) and the Part- Time Job Board
- Provide effective student employees with income to support their educational expenses
- Provide quality work in support of Haverford’s operations
In keeping with Haverford College’s tradition of experiential education, student employment is seen as another aspect of a student’s educational experience. The skills and attitudes developed through working are vital components of a student’s maturation. The student employment program encourages students to discover and build their own strengths, interests, and work ethic.