The College is committed to providing effective, targeted staff professional development & training opportunities that align with its strategic initiative.
The Office of Human Resources will ensure a variety of developmental segments to include skill enhancements, personal well-being (health and finance), diversity, equity and inclusion, and management and leadership for the Haverford staff community.
Watkins Tuition Grant
Professional Advancement Education Program
The Professional Advancement Education Program (PAE) has been developed by the College to assist regular, full-time and part-time Haverford College benefit-eligible, non-faculty staff members enhance the skills they need to perform their jobs. This program applies to classroom and online courses taken at other accredited institutions and is completely separate from, and acts in addition to, the existing Haverford Tuition Benefit. The courses must apply to a bona-fide certification or degree. The staff member needs to intend to complete the coursework through completion of the certification or the applicable degree.
The goal of the program is to reimburse regular full and part-time benefit-eligible, non-faculty staff members for educational expenses not covered by any other source of educational assistance.
Lunch & Learn Sessions
These Tuesday brown bag lunch and learn sessions will cover a range of topics each semester. All events take place in the Whitehead Campus Center, Room 313. Don't forget to bring your lunch!
- LGBTQ 101 - January 14
- Communicating Challenges with Different Personalities - January 21
- Safe Space Ally Training in Colleges & Universities - January 28
- Manage Time and Gain Focus for Peak Performance - February 4
- LGBTQ Individuals in the Workplace - February 11
- Building & Maintaining Effective Workplace Relationships - February 18
- Assertive Skills: Saying What You Mean – February 25
- Work-Life Balance & Creating Work-Life Integration - March 3
- Stress Management that Works – March 10
- Effective Goal Setting & Planning Skills - March 17
- Civility & Respect in the Workplace - March 24