The Rainbow Quorum (RQ) unites Haverford's LGBTQ+ community members and their allies around the globe through professional networking, social connection, and support opportunities. The group also supports students, staff, and faculty in advancing a positive LGBTQ+ campus climate and enriches the relationship between alumni and the College.
Activities of the Rainbow Quorum are organized around four specific goals:
- Inclusivity: To help ensure the inclusivity of the College community as a place where all Haverfordians can thrive—from prospective students to seasoned alumni. This includes support for current students, faculty and staff of all sexual orientations and gender identities and ensuring opportunities for alumni engagement with the College around the needs of a growing subset of its students.
- Community-building & Support: To create an alumni network that supports the personal and professional development and success of Haverford's LGBTQ+ graduates,by helping alums navigate the opportunities and challenges unique to the LGBTQ+ community. The Rainbow Quorum also aims to assist the College in preparing current students to achieve professional success and personal fulfilment when they, too, join the alumni ranks.
- Visibility: To support efforts by the College to promote the visibility and importance of LGBTQ+ students, faculty, staff, on-campus affinity groups, and visiting speakers and scholars who engage with the Haverford community. By forging a critical partnership with the College, the Quorum is an integral resource in Haverford’s ability to model what it means to be a proactive, high-achieving, and thriving community that is welcoming of individuals of diverse life experiences and perspectives.
- Participation: To inspire in our members, by providing them with a place of their own in the alumni community, a lifetime of pride. To energize our members to, by whatever means is appropriate for each, expand equity, and embody the ideals with which we have been imbued. We hope that our cumulative efforts will enhance our and our successors' lives, our College, and beyond.
- rachel.cholst [at] gmail.com (Rachel Cholst '11)
- cohnmitchella [at] yahoo.com (Mitchell Cohn '80)
- mgluck [at] mac.com (Michael Gluck '82)
- ramien.pierre [at] gmail.com (Ramien Pierre '92)
- guemesguy [at] gmail.com (David Wertheimer '77)