Transition to College from High School
The transition from high school to college is both exciting and challenging, and there are a number of campus resources that can help students with disabilities navigate this transition with success and confidence.
All students can benefit from the array of services offered by the Office of Academic Resources (OAR):
- U.S. Department of Education: Transition of Students With Disabilities To Postsecondary Education
- This guide highlights the significant differences between the rights and responsibilities of students with disabilities in the high school and post-secondary contexts.
- The Post-Secondary Disability Consortium of Central New York
- Provides students, parents, and educators with information regarding the transition to college for students with disabilities.
- University of Washington: Student Lounge
- Includes plenty of information for students about making the transition from high school to college.