Unlimited one-on-one coaching sessions are available with a professional staff member throughout the fall and spring semester, as well as during the summer.
During the 2016-17 academic year we had over 1,300 coaching sessions with students from all class years. Whether you’re interested in creating a more valuable scheduling system, a more strategic approach to your heavy reading load, or need accountability on your thesis, we’re here to help you remove the barriers to deep learning so you can experience everything a Haverford education affords.
To serve the needs of as many students as possible, initial meetings are 1-hour and follow-up meetings are typically 30 minutes. However, longer sessions can be accommodated as schedules allow. You are welcome to meet once, periodically or even weekly. We are you here for you.
Walk-Ins: Monday through Friday, 1–2:00 p.m.
Brian specializes in addressing:
- semester blueprinting, note-making & study strategies
- academic reading strategies
- time management
- exam preparation
- overcoming perfectionism & procrastination
- approaches for navigating the college classroom
- the unique academic needs and experiences of students with learning differences and ADHD
- the unique academic needs and experiences of international students
- preparing for graduate/professional school
Julian specializes in addressing:
- Time management
- Prioritizing life tasks using the Covey Square
- Goal setting
- Preparing for post-grad life
- Identifying and addressing barriers that affect academic learning
- Cultivating healthy relationships that support academic success
- Exploring academic reading strategies that work for you
Raquel specializes in addressing:
- semester planning
- transitioning to college
- time management approaches
- identifying your working style and how to make it work for you
- understanding and meeting classroom/college expectations
- using the course syllabus to optimize and organize learning
- preparing for and managing large assignments/projects (such as thesis)
- understanding and navigating through such challenges as imposter syndrome, procrastination, perfectionism, writer's block, etc.
- Remember, first meetings are one hour long. If you schedule using our online system please book two slots back to back.
- Please schedule appointments at least 24 hours in advance. We are unable to honor consultation appointments on the day that they are scheduled.
- Should any unforeseen event require you to cancel, reschedule or otherwise modify your appointment, please remember to manually cancel this appointment and/or contact the individual you've scheduled with.