Apply to Study Abroad
- Jump to:
- How it Works
- Accept Your Offer
- Special Program Requirements
- Domestic & Summer Study Abroad
- Don't Forget!
The application process only requires three main steps—scheduling an advising appointment, completing the Intent to Study Abroad Form, and submitting your Program-Specific Application—but it's your responsibility to pay attention to all Haverford and program-specific deadlines.
A few programs have special requirements for applications (ie. Oxford/Cambridge) or are direct admit by Study Abroad. All students must be in good academic and disciplinary standing to study abroad. Review the Requirements for Study Abroad.
How it Works
Request a Study Abroad Advising Appointment
Submit Your Intent to Study Abroad
- Confirm via e-mail with your study abroad advisor which program you are applying to
- Submit the Declaration of Intent in Terra Dotta.
October 5: Spring study abroad
March 1: Fall & Academic Year study abroad
Apply to Your Study Abroad Program
- Find your program's specific application on the programs page
- Submit your application!
Reminder: Some of the application deadlines are before the Declaration of Intent deadline, so check our website carefully.
Special Program Requirements
Haverford College has agreements with several Colleges at the University of Cambridge and University of Oxford, England. Students may attend these universities through yearlong Junior Year Abroad programs (JYA).
Domestic & Summer Study Abroad
Students wanting to study at another college within the United States should see Dean Keane for assistance. Haverford has exchanges with Claremont McKenna, Pitzer and Spelman Colleges. Students cannot go to another US institution and transfer study abroad credit to Haverford. While Financial Aid's policy does not permit aid to be transferred for domestic study, there are a few exceptions to this rule.
Study Abroad does not oversee summer study abroad. See the Dean’s Office and Student Life Guide for procedures.
- Request a Transcript* if you require your Haverford Transcript to be sent to your study abroad program. *Summer Term Excluded.
- Determine if you need the Director of Study Abroad’s written permission/authorization to apply for the program.
- Give each professor at least 3-4 weeks' notice when requesting recommendations.
- Students on financial aid are strongly encouraged to apply for scholarships.