Student Health Insurance Plan
Check back in June 2018 to enroll or waive. All students are required to have personal medical insurance and must provide proof of insurance via the HaverHealth portal. The College suggests purchasing the Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) if you have a high deductible, HMO, or out of state insurance plan that does not work well in the Philadelphia area. If purchasing the SHIP, please print out your card and upload to the HaverHealth portal.
Each year, all new incoming students, returning students, others returning from leave, and new transfer students will be automatically billed the premium charge by the business office for SHIP. If you have any questions regarding SHIP billing please contact, Michael Gavanus (firstname.lastname@example.org). Students that wish to waive SHIP may do so online between early June and August 1. Several email reminders are sent directly from FirstRisk (SHIP) to each student to enroll or waive.
- SHIP General Information:
Policy Period: 8/1/18 to 7/31/19
Automatic enrollment unless you take action and waive by deadline date of August 1
- For more information on the policy visit www.firststudent.com
- SHIP information Flyer, detailed SHIP Brochure, and Summary of Benefits & Coverage
- Get basic information to inform your decision as to whether SHIP is right for you
- Enroll / Waive SHIP
- Get an Insurance ID CARD
- Find an In Network Doctor
- Get Prescription Drug /Pharmacy Information
- Get SHIP related forms that you may need
- Manage your SHIP account and check on the status of your claims
- File an appeal
- Find an In Network Lab and other services
U.S. citizens who have insurance may waive SHIP and have the charge removed from their bill.
Submit Insurance Card
Log into the HaverHealth Portal, and submit a copy of your insurance card (both sides) or SHIP. Bring your card to Health Services when seeing a member of our staff.
Change of Insurance
If you change or lose health insurance coverage, notify FirstRisk within 30 days in order to purchase the College plan. You may not be eligible for SHIP after 30 days.