Are you covered?
Haverford’s Health Services office participates in a variety of health insurance plans. However, each of Health Services’ providers (nurses, nurse practitioners, physicians, etc.) is covered by a limited number of plans from the list shown below. Although any given provider may participate in a plan, your actual out-of-pocket costs will vary depending on the specifics of your plan.
The following list of health insurance plans represents those that providers from Health Services may accept. We encourage students to contact our off-site billing office at (215) 230-7550 or email Vicki Pote (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Participating Insurance Companies: (as of March 1, 2019)
- Out of state Blue Cross Blue Shield (www.bcbs.com)
- Amerihealth (www.amerihealth.com)
- Amerihealth Administrators (www.ahatpa.com)
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Traditional Plan (www.anthem.com) (all other Anthem plans are considered out of network)
- Capital Blue Cross (www.capbluecross.com)
- Cigna (www.cigna.com)
- Highmark BCBS (www.highmarkblueshield.com)
- Horizon Blue Cross (www.horizonblue.com)
- Humana Health Plans (www.humana.com)
- Independence Administrators (www.ibxtpa.com)
- Keystone Health Plan East (www.ibx.com)
- Personal Choice (www.ibx.com)
- United Healthcare Student Health (SHIP) (www.uhcsr.com) (all other United Healthcare plans are considered out of network)
Submit Your Insurance Card
Log into the HaverHealth Portal, and submit a copy of your insurance card (both sides). Bring your card to Health Services when coming to see a provider.
Change of Insurance
If you have a change of insurance or lose health insurance coverage, notify FirstRisk within 30 days in order to purchase the college plan. You must notify the insurance administrator immediately of your change of insurance status to be eligible for the college plan.
Student Health Insurance Plan
Each year, all new incoming students, returning students, others returning from leave, and new transfer students will be automatically enrolled in SHIP and billed the premium charge by the business office.