Check back in June 2018 to enroll or waive. All students are required to have personal medical insurance and must provide proof of insurance via the HaverHealth portal. The College suggests purchasing the Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) if you have a high deductible, HMO, or out of state insurance plan that does not work well in the Philadelphia area. If purchasing the SHIP, please print out your card and upload to the HaverHealth portal.
Each year, all new incoming students, returning students, others returning from leave, and new transfer students will be automatically enrolled in SHIP and billed the premium charge by the business office. If you have any questions regarding SHIP billing please contact, Michael Gavanus (email@example.com). Students that wish to waive SHIP may do so online between early June and September 29. Several email reminders are sent directly to each student. The last day to waive SHIP is September 29.
- SHIP General Information:
Policy Period: 8/1/17 to 7/31/18
Automatic enrollment unless you take action and waive by deadline date of 9/29/17
- For more information on the policy visit www.firststudent.com
- SHIP information Flyer, detailed SHIP Brochure, and Summary of Benefits & Coverage
- Get basic information to inform your decision as to whether SHIP is right for you
- Enroll / Waive SHIP
- Get an Insurance ID CARD
- Find an In Network Doctor
- Get Prescription Drug /Pharmacy Information
- Get SHIP related forms that you may need
- Manage your SHIP account and check on the status of your claims
- File an appeal
- Find an In Network Lab and other services
Submit Insurance Card
Log into the HaverHealth Portal, and submit a copy of your insurance card (both sides) or SHIP. Bring your card to Health Services when seeing a member of our staff.
U.S. citizens who have insurance may waive SHIP and have the charge removed from their bill.
Change of Insurance
If you change or lose health insurance coverage, notify FirstRisk within 30 days in order to purchase the College plan. You may not be eligible for SHIP after 30 days.
- All students are billed for the Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP), which meets federal requirements for health insurers and has preferred payor status with Health Services.
- U.S. citizens who have insurance may waive SHIP and have the charge removed. The website for waivers will open early June and will close on September 29.
- International students with an F-1 or J-1 visa are required to take the plan and cannot waive.
- All students must submit proof of insurance before they play sports, pick up their room key, have One Card access, or go through Non-Academic Registration.