Following the successes of the Plan for Haverford 2020, Haverford is conducting a new strategic planning process that will articulate fresh priorities as the College anticipates entering its third century. Now through 2022 all members of the extended Haverford community are invited to share their best thinking about the College’s future.
All members of the Haverford community are invited to share their ideas for Haverford’s future and suggestions for the planning process.
- Via webform (name optional)
- Email planning [at] haverford.edu
- Contact any member of the Steering Committee
- Be on the lookout for community events about planning, both in Haverford Engage and your email inbox, with a "strategic planning" keyword
- Fall 2019: Strategic Planning Steering Committee develops planning framework and begins community outreach in conjunction with self-study process.
- Spring 2021: SPSC proposes Emerging Areas; Community comment period ensues.
- Fall 2021-Spring 2022: Targeted planning work led by four task forces in coordination with relevant campus partners. Task force recommendations tentatively due, for public comment period, March 2022. Recommendations subsequently compiled into a draft outline of a plan.
- Spring-Summer 2022: First draft of full plan assembled; community review and iterative refinement begins.
- Summer-Fall 2022: Community review and iterative refinement of drafts continues en route to final version of plan.
- February 2023: Plan submitted for approval by the Board of Managers.
2021-2022 Strategic Planning Steering Committee
- Wendy Raymond, president (chair), Ex officio
- Sam Aronson ‘22, Student representative
- David Harrower, assistant director of facilities management for planning and design, Staff representative
- John Jayasankar '22, Student representative
- Jess Lord, vice president & dean of admission and financial aid, Ex officio
- Laura McGrane, associate professor of English, Faculty representative
- John McKnight, dean of the College, Ex officio
- Zach Oberfield, associate professor of political science, Faculty representative
- Ara Serjoie, vice president for institutional advancement, Ex officio
- Linda Strong-Leek, provost, Ex officio
- Helen White, associate professor of chemistry and environmental studies, Faculty representative
- Staffed by: Jesse Lytle, vice president & chief of staff, Ex officio