Following the successes of the Plan for Haverford 2020, Haverford is conducting a new strategic planning process that will articulate fresh priorities as the College anticipates entering its third century. Now through 2022 all members of the extended Haverford community are invited to share their best thinking about the College’s future.
All members of the Haverford community are invited to share their ideas for Haverford’s future and suggestions for the planning process.
- Via webform (name optional)
- Email planning [at] haverford.edu
- Contact any member of the Steering Committee
- Be on the lookout for community events about planning, both in Haverford Engage and your email inbox, with a "strategic planning" keyword
- Fall 2019: Strategic Planning Steering Committee develops planning framework and begins community outreach in conjunction with self-study process.
- Spring 2021: SPSC proposes Emerging Areas; Community comment period ensues.
- June - October 2021: Task forces compile existing work and liaise with campus partners
- October 2021 - February 2022: Task forces lead consultative processes to recommend concrete projects and goals
- April 1, 2022: Task forces deliver reports to SPSC and full community
- June 15, 2022: SPSC delivers first public draft 1.0 of the strategic plan for comment/discussion period
- September 2022: SPSC delivers draft 2.0 for community review and iterative refinement
- October 2022: SPSC delivers draft 2.5 for community review and iterative refinement
- December 2022: After further community review and refinement, final version of plan 3.0 submitted to Board of Managers for approval
2022-2023 Strategic Planning Steering Committee
- Wendy Raymond, president (chair), Ex officio
- David Harrower, assistant director of facilities management for planning and design, Staff representative
- Vacancy, Student representative
- Jess Lord, vice president & dean of admission and financial aid, Ex officio
- Laura McGrane, associate provost for strategic initiatives, associate professor of English, Faculty representative
- John McKnight, dean of the College, Ex officio
- Zach Oberfield, professor of political science, Faculty representative
- Lisette Pham '23, student representative
- Ara Serjoie, vice president for institutional advancement, Ex officio
- Linda Strong-Leek, provost, Ex officio
- Helen White, professor of chemistry and environmental studies, Faculty representative
- Staffed by: Jesse Lytle, vice president & chief of staff, Ex officio