This fellowship is open to U.S. citizens or permanent residents.
Submit the Following:
- A completed Application Form, which includes uploads of:
- A two-to-three-page essay in which you describe your academic and research interests and goals, and your specific interest in the Mellon Mays Undergraduate Fellowship Program (MMUF), and
- A writing sample of an essay/paper written during the Fall 2022 semester.
- A copy of your unofficial transcript (latest version, including Fall 2022 semester grades).
- Letters of recommendation from two professors.
At least one of the professors should be someone with whom you have discussed your specific interest in an academic career involving research and teaching at the college/university level, and who can comment on the quality of the research you would like to conduct if you become a Mellon Fellow. If possible, this professor should indicate if they are also willing to serve as your mentor in the MMUF Program if you are selected. If desired, you may submit a third letter of recommendation as part of your application.
February 10, 2023, 4:00 p.m.
Note: the applicant is responsible for timely submission of the completed application. Based on the review of your application by the selection committee, interviews will be scheduled.
Questions? Contact Professor Raji Mohan, rmohan [at] haverford.edu