IT Security Training
Every year Haverford College is required to perform IT Security Training in order to fulfill federal Gramm-Leech Bliley Act compliance requirements. On Wednesday June 17th, all staff and faculty will receive a broadcast email from the Prodesk directing you to this page to complete the training through our institutional LinkedinLearning portal. Please complete the trianing and Workday task by June30th.
What is the training comprised of?
The training consists of watching eight videos, focused on different aspects of IT security. We strive to select videos that fulfill the legal requirements as well as provide information for people of all levels of technological fluency. The total time to watch all videos is about 30 minutes.
How do I complete the training?
- Follow the link here: Haverford College IT Security Training which will direct you to the standard Haverford single sign on page.
- Authenticate with your Haverford username, password, and Duo requests.
- If you have never logged in to the Haverford Linkedin Learning page, you can choose to connect your LinkedIn Learning account to your personal LinkedIn account. If you choose to connect, you will get personal recommendations for courses to take.
- Once logged in you will then see the main collection page.
- Click on the first video to start the training.
- Once the video is complete, click on the X in the top right corner of the videos window to close it and return to the training. Do not click on the "Watch full course" link as it will lead you out of the Haverford Training.
- Your video should now show a green "Completed" icon underneath.
- Continue through to watch all videos.
- Once completed sign in to your Haverford Workday account where you will have a task in your inbox to check a box confirming you have completed the training.
If you have any questions or problems accessing the training please contact the Prodesk. Prodesk [at] haverford.edu.