Postbaccalaureate Pre-Medical Programs
Postbaccalaureate programs are designed for students who have completed their undergraduate degree and still need take undergraduate-level courses, either to complete the medical school prerequisites or to enhance their science record.
There are several types of postbaccalaureate programs offered at colleges and universities across the country. The American Association of Medical Colleges (AAMC) offers a comprehensive list of postbaccalaureate programs to choose from. Here are some questions to consider when choosing a program:
- Is the program for students who have not taken any science courses in the past, or those who have completed some pre-medical science courses?
- Is the program full-time or part-time?
- Are the classes specifically for postbaccalaureate students?
- What kind of pre-medical advising and support does the program provide?
- What kind of academic support, such as tutoring or MCAT prep, does the program provide?
- Is there an organized postbaccalaureate student community?