Applying to medical school spans up to 24 months depending on when you take the MCAT. The actual application is submitted to medical school portals about 14 months in advance, with letters and other requirements due in the six months leading up to the application submission.
If you would like Haverford College to write a committee letter on your behalf, the cycle includes both internal and external mandatory deadlines and dates.
Application Outline and Timeline
- Fall in the year before you apply; two years in before matriculating into medical school
- Attend a Haverford virtual information session for applicants in the coming cycle.
- December 1 in the year you are applying
- Haverford College Intent-to-apply Data Form due.
- February 1
- Autobiography and Letters of recommendation due for alumni applicants.
- March 15
- Autobiography due for applicants who are current Haverford students.
- Last opportunity to take the MCAT for the application cycle (most take it the August or January prior)
- April 1
- Letters of recommendation due for applicants who are current Haverford students.
- Early May
- Medical School application portals opens. Why submit early in the cycle.
- Late May/early June
- Medical School application submissions begin
- Late June
- Verified applications are sent to medical schools
- Applicants take the CASPER, SJT, or other situational judgment tests as requested by schools.
- Late June/July
- Secondary applications begin to arrive. We recommend a two-week turnaround for submission.
- Late Fall/Winter