The process of applying to medical and dental schools is exciting, but also time-consuming and comprehensive. With proper advanced planning, time management skills, and persistence, it is eminently achievable and rewarding.
In order for medical and dental school applicants to receive an institutional Committee Letter, there are both internal and external deadlines to follow.
- January 15
- Complete and submit a Pre-Health Applicant Data Form.
- March 15
- Complete and submit a Pre-Health Applicant Self-Assessment Form.
- Last recommended MCAT or DAT test administration for the upcoming application cycle.
- April 1
- Submit at least three letters of recommendation to PrivateFolio account (maximum of six letters of recommendation).
- First Week of May
- Medical School and Dental School application portals open.
- First Week of June
- Medical School and Dental School primary application submissions begin.
- Last Week of June
- Verified primary applications begin to be sent to medical and dental schools.
- Medical school applicants only complete situational judgment tests (SJT), as requested (e.g.,CASPer, AAMC PREview).
- Receive and complete secondary applications within a two-week timeframe.
- Schedule and attend medical school and dental school interviews.
- Receive medical school and dental school offers on a rolling basis.
- Matriculate at medical school and dental school.