Fees & Expenses
This page is organized into two categories of fees: basic exchange student fees, and home-school specific fees. To calculate your total fees, you must add the basic fees to whatever school-specific fees your home university requires.
For Students Studying at Haverford
Exchange students from all universities except Al Akhawayn University pay tuition to their home university and then room and board to Haverford. Exchange students from Al Akhawayn University pay tuition, room, and board to Al Akhawayn.
Basic Fees for Haverford Students
- Activities Fee (Compulsory):
- This covers all sports events and College sponsored events, including concerts, movies, etc.
Total cost per year: $350 ($175 for single-semester cost)
- Health Insurance (Compulsory):
- All HC international visa carrying students are automatically enrolled in the student insurance plan. The direct cost of the insurance plan is applied to the tuition bill. The HC plan meets all federal requirements of health insurers. In addition, the HC plan has preferred payer status with the College Health Services. The staff of UnitedHealthcare as administered by First RISK Advisor can help you with any questions regarding the HC Student Insurance Plan. Visit Health Services: Insurance for more information.
- Security Deposit (Refundable):
- A “Bookstore” account is set up into which the student must deposit their required amount, per semester or per year. This account may be used to purchase items from the Haverford bookstore, or for any debts incurred by the student such as medications provided by the Health Center, damage to their room, lost keys, etc. The balance at the end of the exchange period is refunded to the student.
Total cost per year: $1,200 ($600 for single-semester cost)
Al Akhawayn University
- Tuition: Student pays regular tuition to Al Akhawayn University.
- Room and Board: Student pays room and board fees to Al Akhawayn University.
University of Edinburgh - Chemistry
- Tuition: Student pays regular tuition to University of Edinburgh.
- Room and Board: Student pays room and board fees to Haverford.