Economics Annual Alumni Forum
In 2008 The Center for Peace and Global Citizenship began the yearly sponsored Alumni Forum seminar series on important economic issues of the day. Topics have included:
- 2008 Economic Iissues of the Presidential Election, with David Wessel, ’75, Timothy Taylor, ’82 and Caitlin Coslett '05.
- 2009, Economics of Health Care Reform with Gerard Anderson '73, Timothy Taylor '82 and Dan Sacks, '08.
- 2010 The Economics of Climate Change with Daniel Price '77, and Haverford distinguished friend Marc Stuart and Paul Minnice '09.
- 2011 Rising Income Inequality: Causes and Consequence with Timothy Taylor '82, Jane Dokko '98 and Rebecca Saxton-Fox '06.
- 2012 The Day After the Election: The View From Washington and Wallstreet with David Wessel '75 of the Wall Street Journal, Barry Zubrow '75 of JP Morgan Chase and Ryan Fackler of the Federal Reserve. Watch Full Video
- 2013 Education and Social Mobility with George Bulman '02 of U.C. Santa Cruz, David Castro '83 of I-Lean, Inc, and moderator Linus Marco '13 of Mathematica Policy Research. Watch Full Video
- 2014 Network Neutrality and the Competitive and Economic Consequence of the Comcast-Time Warner Cable Merger with William Comanor '59 & Howard Shelanski '86, and moderator Andrew Bostick '12. Watch Full Video
- 2015 Immigration Reform: Human and Economic Perspectives on the Need for Change with Timothy Guinnane ’81 Professor of Economics at Yale University, Mario Russell ’87 Director of Catholic Charities Immigration Services and moderator Alex Ferrara ’14 with Teach for America. Watch Full Video / Download Slide Deck
- 2016: The Economics of Crime and Incarceration with Eric Sterling '73, Executive Director of the Criminal Justice Policy Foundation, Mark Kleiman '72, Director of the Crime and Justice Program at New York University’s Marron Institute of Urban Management of NYU and moderator Brianna Groh '15, Graduate Business Analyst at Aberdeen Asset Management, Inc. Watch Full Video
- 2017: Improving Health and Health-care in the United States: The Role of Government with Thomas Farley '77, Commissioner of Health for the City of Philadelphia, and Christopher Ody '04, Research Assistant Professor of Strategy, Northwestern University, and moderator Debra Gilbert '12, Ph.D. candidate in Health Economics at Johns Hopkins University. Watch Full Video
- 2018: "Tariffs-Trump-Trade" with moderators Marc Melitz '89, Professor of Political Economy at Harvard University and Bruce Andrews '90, Managing Director of Rock Creek Global Advisors. Jennifer Kowalski '17, Research Assistant at Princeton University, will serve as moderator.