Most of modern economics is structured around a common set of theoretical ideas and analytic methods that unify the field. These tools aid in understanding both how the economic world works and how it can be affected by public policies and world events.
Introductory courses (100 level) provide an overview of economics and a strong foundation for more advanced work in economics.The intermediate (200 level) courses offer material on many different economic topics. These courses require Economics 105/106 as a prerequisite and are designed to be useful to non-majors as well as minors and majors. Finally, the advanced (300 level) courses involve a much more technically sophisticated approach to analyzing many of the same economic topics. In most of the advanced courses, a substantial paper is an important part of the requirements.
- Current Year Courses
- Three-year Planner
- Tri-Co Course Search
- HC Academic Catalog Course Search
- About the Course Listings
About the Course Listings
Four views and tools each provide different ways of exploring the curriculum.
- Current Year Courses for this Department or Program lists only currently-offered classes, and includes scheduling and instructor information.
- The Three-Year Planner for this Department or Program lists all courses (in numerical order) offered during the current year and the last two years. Use it to understand the full course offerings from the department and how frequently courses are offered. This list does not include any scheduling information; instructor information is only historical and is likely to change in future years.
- The Tri-Co Course Search Engine lists the current offerings for all departments and programs at Haverford, Bryn Mawr, and Swarthmore Colleges, and includes scheduling and instructor information.
- The HC Academic Catalog Course Search Engine includes faceted searching (by division, domain, department, major, minor, and other fields) for all courses offered in the current year and the last two years. It does not contain scheduling information, but like the Three-Year Planner, can help you discover related interests and understand the typical pattern of offerings from year to year. This tool does not include all Bryn Mawr offerings.
Spring 2021: Haverford
|Registration-ID||Course Name||Instructor||Misc||Days and Times||Location|
|ECONH104B001||Intensive Introduction to Economics||Preston,Anne||Class Nbr: 1888 Lim: 25 ; Hav: SO, B||MThT 09:40am-11:00am
|ECONH105B001||Introduction to Economics||Arredondo-Chavez,Alberto||Class Nbr: 1613 Hav: SO, B||MTh 11:10am-12:30pm
|ECONH201B001||Analytical Methods for Economics||Owens,David M.||Class Nbr: 2770 Hav: QU, SO, C, B||TF 01:10pm-02:30pm
|ECONH204B001||Economic Statistics with Calculus||Ball,Richard||Class Nbr: 2143 Hav: QU, SO, B|
|ECONH204B00A||Economic Statistics with Calculus||Ball,Richard||Class Nbr: 2581 Hav: QU, SO, B||M 11:10am-12:30pm
|ECONH204B00B||Economic Statistics with Calculus||Ball,Richard||Class Nbr: 2582 Hav: QU, SO, B||T 11:10am-12:30pm
|ECONH204B00C||Economic Statistics with Calculus||Ball,Richard||Class Nbr: 2583 Hav: QU, SO, B||W 09:10am-10:30am
|ECONH204B00D||Economic Statistics with Calculus||Ball,Richard||Class Nbr: 2584 Hav: QU, SO, B||W 11:10am-12:30pm
|ECONH209B001||Law and Economics||Kontorovich,Vladimir||Class Nbr: 2309 BMC: I; Hav: SO, B, A||MTh 08:10am-09:30am
|ECONH210B001||Linear Optimization||Manning,Robert||Class Nbr: 2419 Lim: 48 ; Hav: NA, C||M 09:40am-10:30am
|ECONH210B002||Linear Optimization||Manning,Robert||Class Nbr: 2849 Lim: 48 ; Hav: NA, C||M 11:10am-12:00pm
|ECONH210B00A||Linear Optimization||Manning,Robert||Class Nbr: 2625 Lim: 24 ; Hav: NA, C||WF 09:40am-10:30am
|ECONH210B00B||Linear Optimization||Manning,Robert||Class Nbr: 2630 Lim: 24 ; Hav: NA, C||WF 11:10am-12:00pm
|ECONH210B00C||Linear Optimization||Manning,Robert||Class Nbr: 3082 Hav: NA, C||WF 09:40am-10:30am
|ECONH210B00D||Linear Optimization||Manning,Robert||Class Nbr: 3085 Hav: NA, C||WF 11:10am-12:00pm
|ECONH210B00E||Linear Optimization||Manning,Robert||Class Nbr: 3092 Hav: NA, C||WF 01:40pm-02:30pm
|ECONH213B001||Industrial Organization and Antitrust||Kontorovich,Vladimir||Class Nbr: 2310 Hav: SO, B||MTh 02:40pm-04:00pm
|ECONH240B001||Economic Development and Transformation: China vs. India||Jilani,Saleha||Class Nbr: 1889 Hav: SO, B, A||TF 01:10pm-02:30pm
|ECONH247B001||Financial Accounting||Grabell,Neal||Class Nbr: 2426 BMC: I; Hav: SO, B||M 07:10pm-10:00pm
|ECONH298B001||Impact Investing||Mudd,Shannon B.||Class Nbr: 2585 Lim: 16 ; Hav: SO, B||MTh 09:40am-11:00am
|ECONH302B001||Intermediate Macroeconomic Analysis||Arredondo-Chavez,Alberto||Class Nbr: 2658 BMC: I; Hav: SO, B||TF 09:40am-11:00am
|ECONH307B001||Money and Banking||Arredondo-Chavez,Alberto||Class Nbr: 2659 Hav: SO||TF 02:40pm-03:30pm
|ECONH341I001||Advanced Topics in Research & Data Management||Medeiros,Norm||Class Nbr: 2771 Lim: 25||T 11:10am-12:00pm
|ECONH371B001||Junior Research Seminar: Psychological Biases and Economic Decisions||Owens,David M.||Class Nbr: 2312 Lim: 15 ; Hav: SO, C, B, A||TF 08:10am-09:30am
|ECONH373B001||Junior Research Seminar: Access to Finance||Mudd,Shannon B.||Class Nbr: 2313 Lim: 15 ; Hav: SO, C, B, A||MTh 02:40pm-04:00pm
|ECONH379B001||Junior Research Seminar: The Federal Reserve||Binder,Carola||Class Nbr: 2064 Lim: 15 ; Hav: SO, C, B, A||TF 04:10pm-05:30pm
|ECONH396B001||Research Seminar||Jilani,Saleha||Class Nbr: 1891 Hav: SO|
|ECONH396B002||Research Seminar||Kontorovich,Vladimir||Class Nbr: 1892 Hav: SO, B|
|ECONH396B003||Research Seminar||Preston,Anne||Class Nbr: 1893 Hav: SO, B|
|ECONH396B004||Research Seminar||Owens,David M.||Class Nbr: 1894 Hav: SO, B|
|ECONH396B005||Research Seminar||Binder,Carola||Class Nbr: 1895 Hav: SO, B|
|ECONH396B006||Research Seminar||Parameswaran,Giri||Class Nbr: 1896 Hav: SO, B|
|ECONH396B007||Research Seminar||Ball,Richard||Class Nbr: 1897 Hav: SO, B|
|ECONH396B008||Research Seminar||Arredondo-Chavez,Alberto||Class Nbr: 2588 Hav: SO, B|
|ECONH480B001||Independent Study||Parameswaran,Giri||Class Nbr: 2252|
|ECONH480I001||Independent Study||Department staff,TBA||Class Nbr: 2001|