Networking can be the single most effective tool for success in career exploration and searches for jobs and internships.
Use our Networking Guide (PDF) to learn how to research jobs and benefit from the experience, and gain advice from those working in industries of interest. Our Informational Interview Guide (PDF) has helpful tips.
Whether you're looking to nurture professional connections, or interested in connecting with Haverford alumni for networking opportunities, Haverford Connect provides ways to interact with alumni.
By using Haverford Connect you can...
- Opt-in for the types of connections you want to make.
- Search alumni by career, graduate school, help topic, or location and get matched with Fords who have already volunteered to connect with current students.
- Make connections that help you achieve your goals:
- Ask a question
- Get help with your resume
- Get advice about choosing a major
- Get industry advice
- Do a mock interview
With hundreds of thousands of users, LinkedIn is your go-to for professional networking online. Visit their professional branding page for more information on creating and using your profile.
By using LinkedIn you can...
- Find and connect with contacts for informational interviews.
- Find job leads using LinkedIn’s jobs and jobs for recent grads.
- Research companies and connect with their employees.
- Participate in career-specific groups with others sharing your interests.
- Explore and develop new skills via LinkedIn Learning (free for current students).