The mission of the Arboretum is to preserve the stately historic trees on campus and to perpetuate the Reptonian design set forth by William Carvill in 1834. In carrying out this mission, it is our responsibility to maintain and build upon the diversity of the tree collection, as well as to enhance the study of this history by bringing a better understanding of it to all who visit Haverford College.
In 1901 a group of students and alumni formed the Campus Club to help preserve the campus landscape after discovering the original landscape drawing. Their work eventually led to the founding of the Haverford College Campus Arboretum Association (now the Haverford College Arboretum Association) in 1974, which continues to perpetuate the landscape’s original design.
Information, events, and activities from the College Arboretum, sent occasionally.