Our individual courses construct arguments for students to consider, to develop, and to argue against and they provide the analytical and methodological training students need to formulate theoretical arguments and to evaluate those arguments empirically.
We want an active engagement from our students as they find their own points-of-view within the discipline, and we expect from them a theoretical and methodological rigor and sophistication within the approaches that they study and adopt.
- Current Year Courses
- Three-year Planner
- Tri-Co Course Search
- HC Academic Catalog Course Search
- About the Course Listings
About the Course Listings
Four views and tools each provide different ways of exploring the curriculum.
- Current Year Courses for this Department or Program lists only currently-offered classes, and includes scheduling and instructor information.
- The Three-Year Planner for this Department or Program lists all courses (in numerical order) offered during the current year and the last two years. Use it to understand the full course offerings from the department and how frequently courses are offered. This list does not include any scheduling information; instructor information is only historical and is likely to change in future years.
- The Tri-Co Course Search Engine lists the current offerings for all departments and programs at Haverford, Bryn Mawr, and Swarthmore Colleges, and includes scheduling and instructor information.
- The HC Academic Catalog Course Search Engine includes faceted searching (by division, domain, department, major, minor, and other fields) for all courses offered in the current year and the last two years. It does not contain scheduling information, but like the Three-Year Planner, can help you discover related interests and understand the typical pattern of offerings from year to year. This tool does not include all Bryn Mawr offerings.
Fall 2021: Haverford
|Registration-ID||Course Name||Instructor||Misc||Days and Times||Location|
|SOCLH155A001||Foundations in Social Theory||Gould,Mark||Class Nbr: 1744 Hav: SO, B||TTh 01:00pm-02:30pm
|SOCLH155A002||Foundations in Social Theory||McKeever,Matthew||Class Nbr: 1745 Hav: SO, B||TTh 10:00am-11:30am
|SOCLH270A001||Measuring Education||McKeever,Matthew||Class Nbr: 1751 Hav: SO, B||T 01:30pm-04:00pm
|SOCLH298A001||Law and Sociology||Gould,Mark||Class Nbr: 1757 BMC: I; Hav: SO, B||TTh 11:30am-01:00pm
|SOCLH450A002||Senior Departmental Studies||McKeever,Matthew||Class Nbr: 1748 BMC: I; Hav: SO|
|SOCLH450A003||Senior Departmental Studies||Ronen,Shelly||Class Nbr: 1756 BMC: I; Hav: SO|
|SOCLH460A001||Teaching Assistant||Gould,Mark||Class Nbr: 1746 BMC: I; Hav: SO|
|SOCLH480A001||Independent Study||Class Nbr: 1753 BMC: I; Hav: SO|