Our unique four-college exchange program with Bryn Mawr, Swarthmore and the University of Pennsylvania enables students to enhance their academic and social experiences in unprecedented ways.
- When Swarthmore courses are available, they will appear on the Tri-Co Course Guide or accessible on Swarthmore's website as a PDF.
- LING courses (excluding ASL courses): Students can register for Swarthmore Linguistics classes directly in Bionic.
- American Sign Language courses: Complete Haverford’s online registration form, which will be sent to your advisor for approval. You will receive an email confirmation when your course selection has been approved. If you do not receive a confirmation, check in with your advisor.
- All other courses:
- Complete Haverford’s online registration form, which will be sent to your advisor for approval. You will receive an email confirmation when your course selection has been approved. If you do not receive a confirmation, check in with your advisor.
- Complete Swarthmore's Registration Form (PDF) by emailing the completed form to the course instructor to sign. Then email the signed form to Swarthmore's Registrar's Office. If you omit this step, you will not be registered for any course at Swarthmore.
Pre-registration is required for Haverford students. You may not register during the drop/add period.
Spring 2024 course request form deadline: December 1, 2023
- Available Penn courses and timetables are listed in their online course guides by department. Remember that Haverford students are permitted to register for undergraduate courses only (course numbers 499 and below). Students may take a maximum of two courses at Penn per semester, not exceeding 2.0 credits.
- Please check Penn's courses site for restrictions and special approval requirements in advance and confirm seat availability before submitting requests. If special approval requirements are listed, please follow those instructions.
- Complete the online registration form . This form will be sent to your advisor for approval.
You will receive an email confirmation when your advisor approves your request. If you do not receive a confirmation, check in with your advisor.
- Note: A senior electing to take a year-long or a second semester course at Penn is responsible for verifying before the class begins that the instructor will submit a final course grade to the Haverford registrar by 5:00 p.m. on the day that senior grades are due, as indicated in the academic calendar. If the final grade is not submitted by that date and time, and the course is required for graduation, the senior may not be able to graduate until the following May.
- Read the Penn Reciprocal Student Guide (PDF) to understand your responsibilities. Detailed instructions for PennKey setup are also included. Please note, that as a guest student you do not have use of all Penn resources, most especially their Career Services Center.
- * Exams at Swarthmore are proctored and therefore not self-scheduled.
- ** Students who receive College grant funds as financial aid may qualify for a subsidy to cover the cost of transportation to the University of Pennsylvania to take a course. If you would like to explore this possibility, please write to finaid [at] haverford.edu to see whether you qualify for assistance for this purpose.
- *** Please be aware that Haverford College students do not have reciprocal dining privileges at the University of Pennsylvania.