Our unique four-college exchange program with Bryn Mawr, Swarthmore and the University of Pennsylvania enables students to enhance their academic and social experiences in unprecedented ways.
The University of Pennsylvania has suspended the Quaker Consortium until further notice.
- When Swarthmore courses are available, they will appear on the Tri-Co Course Guide or accessible on Swarthmore's website as a PDF.
- Complete our new online registration form. This form will be sent to your advisor for approval. You will receive an email confirmation when your course selection has been approved. If you do not receive a confirmation, check in with your advisor.
- Complete Swarthmore's Registration Form (PDF) by emailing the completed form to the course instructor to sign. Email the signed form to Swarthmore's Registrar's Office. If you omit this step, you will not be registered for any course at Swarthmore.
Note: The above process does not pertain to Linguistics classes. Students can register for Swarthmore Linguistics classes directly in Bionic.
Pre-registration is required for Haverford students. You may not register during the drop/add period.
- Available UPENN courses and timetables are listed in their online course guides by department. Remember that Haverford students are permitted to register for undergraduate courses only (course numbers 499 and below). Students may take a maximum of two courses at UPenn per semester, not exceeding 2.0 credits.
- Complete our new online registration form . This form will be sent to your advisor for approval.
You will receive an email confirmation when your course selection has been approved. If you do not receive a confirmation, check in with your advisor.
- Read the UPENN Reciprocal Student Guide (PDF) to understand your responsibilities. Detailed instructions for PennKey setup are also included. Please note, that as a guest student you do not have use of all UPENN resources, most especially their Career Services Center.
- * Exams at Swarthmore are proctored and therefore not self-scheduled.
- ** Students who receive College grant funds as financial aid may qualify for a subsidy to cover the cost of transportation to the University of Pennsylvania to take a course. If you would like to explore this possibility, please write to finaid [at] haverford.edu to see whether you qualify for assistance for this purpose.
- *** Please be aware that Haverford College students do not have reciprocal dining privileges at the University of Pennsylvania.