Audio Visual Services
We support the use of instructional and presentation technologies on campus. Our goal is to help instructors improve the teaching and learning environment in their classrooms by providing and fostering the use of instructional technology equipment and materials.
- Provide media equipment, media facilities, and technical support for academic programs, non-academic programs, public lectures, symposia, and other official college events.
- Procure, maintain, repair and distribute an inventory of instructional technology production and presentation equipment.
- Design, develop and maintain effective technology-enhanced classrooms and learning environments.
- Work in collaboration with faculty members and other academic support departments to identify and facilitate the use of emerging media technologies in academic programs.
- Provide AV and technician support for student events and other non-academic activities.
- Provide consultation services for instructional technology design, purchase, and implementation.
Equipment loans are provided to Haverford College students, faculty, and staff. Bryn Mawr College and Swarthmore College students who are enrolled in a Haverford class may borrow equipment they need to complete assignments for that course, though they will need to contact hc-techlearn [at] haverford.edu in order to receive an account within our asset management system.
Equipment can be reserved in advance via our check-out portals. Only students with proper production training will be able to check-out items from the VCAM Equipment Portal. Current Haverford students, faculty, and staff will still be able to check-out items from the ITC during equipment check-out hours. The standard loan period for most equipment is two days, with the option to renew. Longer reservations may be honored on a case-by-case basis.
Patrons are expected to know how to operate equipment prior to checking it out. By hc-techlearn [at] haverford.edu (appointment), our staff may provide short tutorials.
You are responsible for lost or damaged equipment. Refer to our AV Equipment Loan Policy before checking out equipment.
For technical assistance with classroom technology, contact the ProDesk.
- (610) 896-1480
- ProDesk [at] haverford.edu
For routine business, contact AV staff.
- Monday–Friday: 9:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
- (610) 896-1193
- avreq [at] haverford.edu
- Stokes 020