The department will offer the following courses this academic year. In addition to the courses listed and cross-listed in the History Department, History students should talk to their advisors about other historically-oriented courses, e.g., courses in art history, comparative literature, or musicology.
- Current Year Courses
- Three-year Planner
- Tri-Co Course Search
- HC Academic Catalog Course Search
- About the Course Listings
About the Course Listings
Four views and tools each provide different ways of exploring the curriculum.
- Current Year Courses for this Department or Program lists only currently-offered classes, and includes scheduling and instructor information.
- The Three-Year Planner for this Department or Program lists all courses (in numerical order) offered during the current year and the last two years. Use it to understand the full course offerings from the department and how frequently courses are offered. This list does not include any scheduling information; instructor information is only historical and is likely to change in future years.
- The Tri-Co Course Search Engine lists the current offerings for all departments and programs at Haverford, Bryn Mawr, and Swarthmore Colleges, and includes scheduling and instructor information.
- The HC Academic Catalog Course Search Engine includes faceted searching (by division, domain, department, major, minor, and other fields) for all courses offered in the current year and the last two years. It does not contain scheduling information, but like the Three-Year Planner, can help you discover related interests and understand the typical pattern of offerings from year to year. This tool does not include all Bryn Mawr offerings.
Spring 2021: Haverford
|Registration-ID||Course Name||Instructor||Misc||Days and Times||Location|
|HISTH111B001||Introduction to Western Civilization||Gerstein,Linda||Class Nbr: 1622 Hav: SO, B, A||MTh 01:10pm-02:30pm
|HISTH119B001||International History of the United States||Friedman,Andrew||Class Nbr: 1872 Lim: 25 ; Hav: SO, B, A||WSaSu 11:10am-12:30pm
|HISTH200B001||Major Seminar: Approaches to the Study of East Asian Cultures||Glassman,Hank||Class Nbr: 2321 Lim: 25 ; Hav: HU, SO, B||W 07:10pm-08:30pm
|HISTH204B001||Women, Gender, and American Society to 1870||Saler,Bethel A.||Class Nbr: 2330 Hav: SO, A||WSaSu 11:10am-12:30pm
|HISTH254B001||Harvest of Empire: U.S. History, 1898-Present||Friedman,Andrew||Class Nbr: 2331 Lim: 25 ; Hav: SO||WSaSu 01:10pm-02:30pm
|HISTH288B001||Religious and Cultural History of Modern Korea||Shin,Seungyop||Class Nbr: 2727 Lim: 25 ; Hav: SO, B, A||TF 09:40am-11:00am
|HISTH299B001||Historical Methods Lab: Archive Theory and Practice||Graham,Lisa Jane||Class Nbr: 2730 Lim: 25 ; Hav: SO, B, A||TF 02:40pm-04:00pm
|HISTH313B001||Time, Space and Modernity in East Asia||Shin,Seungyop||Class Nbr: 2728 Lim: 15 ; Hav: SO, B, A||T 01:10pm-04:00pm
|HISTH317B001||Topics in Latin American History: Rio de Janeiro, Past and Present||Krippner,James||Class Nbr: 2773 Hav: SO, B, A||M 01:10pm-04:00pm
|HISTH341B001||Topics Compar Hist: Call Me Ishmael||Saler,Bethel A.||Class Nbr: 2140 Hav: SO, B, A||W 04:10pm-07:00pm
|HISTH356B001||Topics in Modern European History: Modernism in Europe, 1910-1937||Gerstein,Linda||Class Nbr: 2777 Hav: SO, B, A||TF 11:10am-12:30pm
|HISTH358B001||Topics in Enlightenment History: Self Before the Selfie||Graham,Lisa Jane||Class Nbr: 2332 Hav: SO, B||W 04:10pm-07:00pm
|HISTH400B001||Senior Thesis Seminar||Friedman,Andrew||Class Nbr: 1874 Hav: SO, B, A|
|HISTH400B002||Senior Thesis Seminar||Gerstein,Linda||Class Nbr: 1875 Hav: SO|
|HISTH400B003||Senior Thesis Seminar||Graham,Lisa Jane||Class Nbr: 1876 Hav: SO|
|HISTH400B004||Senior Thesis Seminar||Krippner,James||Class Nbr: 1877 Hav: SO|
|HISTH400B005||Senior Thesis Seminar||Saler,Bethel A.||Class Nbr: 1878 Hav: SO|
|HISTH400B006||Senior Thesis Seminar||Shin,Seungyop||Class Nbr: 1879 Hav: SO|
|HISTH400B007||Senior Thesis Seminar||Department staff,TBA||Class Nbr: 1880 Hav: SO|
|HISTH480B001||Independent Study||Snyder,Terry||Class Nbr: 2837|