The department will offer the following courses this academic year. In addition to the courses listed and cross-listed in the History Department, History students should talk to their advisors about other historically-oriented courses, e.g., courses in art history, comparative literature, or musicology.
- Current Year Courses
- Three-year Planner
- Tri-Co Course Search
- HC Academic Catalog Course Search
- About the Course Listings
About the Course Listings
Four views and tools each provide different ways of exploring the curriculum.
- Current Year Courses for this Department or Program lists only currently-offered classes, and includes scheduling and instructor information.
- The Three-Year Planner for this Department or Program lists all courses (in numerical order) offered during the current year and the last two years. Use it to understand the full course offerings from the department and how frequently courses are offered. This list does not include any scheduling information; instructor information is only historical and is likely to change in future years.
- The Tri-Co Course Search Engine lists the current offerings for all departments and programs at Haverford, Bryn Mawr, and Swarthmore Colleges, and includes scheduling and instructor information.
- The HC Academic Catalog Course Search Engine includes faceted searching (by division, domain, department, major, minor, and other fields) for all courses offered in the current year and the last two years. It does not contain scheduling information, but like the Three-Year Planner, can help you discover related interests and understand the typical pattern of offerings from year to year. This tool does not include all Bryn Mawr offerings.
Fall 2021: Haverford
|Registration-ID||Course Name||Instructor||Misc||Days and Times||Location|
|HISTH115A001||Postcards from the Atlantic World||Saler,Bethel A.||Class Nbr: 1802 Lim: 25 ; Hav: SO, B, A||MW 11:30am-01:00pm
|HISTH118A001||Introduction to the History of Science||Hayton,Darin||Class Nbr: 1801 Lim: 25 ; Hav: SO, B, A||TTh 08:30am-10:00am
|HISTH226A001||Twentieth Century Europe||Gerstein,Linda||Class Nbr: 1805 Hav: SO, B, A||MW 11:30am-01:00pm
|HISTH231A001||Imagining Enlightenment in 18th-Century Europe||Graham,Lisa Jane||Class Nbr: 1804 Hav: SO, B, A||TTh 02:30pm-04:00pm
|HISTH240A001||History and Principles of Quakerism||Lapsansky,Emma||Class Nbr: 2664 Lim: 35 ; Hav: SO, B||TTh 11:30am-01:00pm
|HISTH245A001||Russia in the 20th Century||Gerstein,Linda||Class Nbr: 1806 BMC: III; IP Hav: HU, B, A||TTh 11:30am-01:00pm
|HISTH253A001||The History of the US Built Environment, 1870 to the Present||Friedman,Andrew||Class Nbr: 1807 Lim: 25 BMC: I or III; IP ; Hav: SO, B, A||MW 11:30am-01:00pm
|HISTH284A001||Native American History||Saler,Bethel A.||Class Nbr: 1803 BMC: III; IP||MW 02:30pm-04:00pm
|HISTH291A001||Indigenous Women: Gender, Ethnicity and Feminism in Latin America||Rosas,Marlén||Class Nbr: 2429 Lim: 25 ; Hav: SO, B, A||MW 10:00am-11:30am
|HISTH292A001||Material Culture in China||Akcetin,Elif||Class Nbr: 2571 Lim: 25 ; Hav: SO, B, A||TTh 10:00am-11:30am
|HISTH317B001||Topics in Latin American Hist: The Struggle for Knowledge: Social Movements, Education & Liberation||Rosas,Marlén||Class Nbr: 2233 Lim: 25 ; Hav: SO, B, A||W 01:30pm-04:00pm
|HISTH347A001||Topics in East Asian History: The Art of Governance in High Qing China||Akcetin,Elif||Class Nbr: 2235 Hav: SO, B, A||Th 01:30pm-04:00pm
|HISTH350A001||Topics in the History of Science: Technologies of Time||Hayton,Darin||Class Nbr: 1813 Hav: SO, B, A||T 01:30pm-04:00pm
|HISTH399A001||Topics in Active History: History of Black Lives Matter||Friedman,Andrew||Class Nbr: 1808 Lim: 15 ; Hav: SO, B, A||M 01:30pm-04:00pm
|HISTH400A001||Senior Thesis Seminar||Graham,Lisa Jane||Class Nbr: 1810 Hav: SO||T 07:30pm-10:00pm
|HISTH400A002||Senior Thesis Seminar||Saler,Bethel A.||Class Nbr: 1811 Hav: SO||T 07:30pm-10:00pm
|HISTH480A001||Independent Study||Gerstein,Linda||Class Nbr: 2775|