The department will offer the following courses this academic year. In addition to the courses listed and cross-listed in the History Department, History students should talk to their advisors about other historically-oriented courses, e.g., courses in art history, comparative literature, or musicology.
- Current Year Courses
- Three-year Planner
- Tri-Co Course Search
- HC Academic Catalog Course Search
- About the Course Listings
About the Course Listings
Four views and tools each provide different ways of exploring the curriculum.
- Current Year Courses for this Department or Program lists only currently-offered classes, and includes scheduling and instructor information.
- The Three-Year Planner for this Department or Program lists all courses (in numerical order) offered during the current year and the last two years. Use it to understand the full course offerings from the department and how frequently courses are offered. This list does not include any scheduling information; instructor information is only historical and is likely to change in future years.
- The Tri-Co Course Search Engine lists the current offerings for all departments and programs at Haverford, Bryn Mawr, and Swarthmore Colleges, and includes scheduling and instructor information.
- The HC Academic Catalog Course Search Engine includes faceted searching (by division, domain, department, major, minor, and other fields) for all courses offered in the current year and the last two years. It does not contain scheduling information, but like the Three-Year Planner, can help you discover related interests and understand the typical pattern of offerings from year to year. This tool does not include all Bryn Mawr offerings.
Fall 2020: Haverford
|Registration-ID||Course Name||Instructor||Misc||Days and Times||Location|
|HISTH111A001||Introduction to Western Civilization||Graham,Lisa Jane||Class Nbr: 1307 Lim: 25 ; Hav: SO, B, A||MTh 11:00am-12:30pm
|HISTH115A001||Postcards from the Atlantic World||Saler,Bethel A.||Class Nbr: 1505 Lim: 25 ; Hav: SO, B, A||MTh 11:00am-12:30pm
|HISTH122A001||Modern Japanese History: Culture, Empire and Everyday Life||Shin,Seungyop||Class Nbr: 2516 Lim: 25 ; Hav: SO, B, A||MTh 09:30am-11:00am
|HISTH203A001||The Age of Jefferson and Jackson, 1789- 1850.||Saler,Bethel A.||Class Nbr: 2634 Hav: SO||MTh 02:30pm-04:00pm
|HISTH215A001||Sport and Society||Kitroeff,Alexander||Class Nbr: 2520 Lim: 30 ; Hav: SO, B, A||MTh 01:00pm-02:30pm
|HISTH228A001||The French Revolution||Graham,Lisa Jane||Class Nbr: 2620 Hav: SO, B, A||MTh 04:00pm-05:30pm
|HISTH240A001||History and Principles of Quakerism||Lapsansky,Emma||Class Nbr: 2598 Lim: 35 ; Hav: SO, B||TF 09:30am-11:00am
|HISTH244A001||Russia from 1800-1917||Gerstein,Linda||Class Nbr: 2517 Hav: SO, B, A||MTh 11:00am-12:30pm
|HISTH250A001||White Ethnicity in the US 1870s-1990s: A Transnational History||Kitroeff,Alexander||Class Nbr: 2521 BMC: III; Hav: SO||MTh 09:30am-11:00am
|HISTH252A001||History of Haverford College: Conflict, Consensus and the Liberal Arts||Krippner,James||Class Nbr: 2431 Lim: 24 ; Hav: SO, A||MTh 01:00pm-02:30pm
|HISTH256A001||Zen Thought, Zen Culture, Zen History||Glassman,Hank||Class Nbr: 2577 Lim: 30 BMC: III; ; Hav: HU||MTh 02:30pm-04:00pm
|HISTH287A001||Reading Modern Korean History Through Film||Shin,Seungyop||Class Nbr: 2549 Lim: 25 ; Hav: SO, B, A||MTh 01:00pm-02:30pm
|HISTH289A001||Labor, Communication and Colony in South Asia, 1784-1910||Kumar,Prashant||Class Nbr: 2836 Lim: 25 ; Hav: SO, B, A||TF 02:30pm-04:00pm
|HISTH310A001||Political Technologies of Race and the Body||Friedman,Andrew||Class Nbr: 2551 Lim: 15 ; Hav: SO, B, A||M 01:00pm-04:00pm
|HISTH317A001||Topics in Latin American History: Visions of Mexico||Krippner,James||Class Nbr: 2553 Hav: SO, B, A||F 01:00pm-04:00pm
|HISTH350A001||Topics in the History of Science: Decolonial Histories of Mathematics and Astronomy||Kumar,Prashant||Class Nbr: 1844 Hav: SO, B, A||Th 04:00pm-07:00pm
|HISTH356A001||Topics European History: Europe1870-1910: Marxism, Art Nouveau, Imperialism, and The New Sexuality.||Gerstein,Linda||Class Nbr: 1514 Hav: SO, B, A||W 01:00pm-04:00pm
|HISTH400A001||Senior Thesis Seminar||Friedman,Andrew||Class Nbr: 1614 Hav: SO||T 07:00pm-10:00pm
|HISTH400A002||Senior Thesis Seminar||Kitroeff,Alexander||Class Nbr: 1615 Hav: SO||T 07:00pm-10:00pm
|HISTH400A003||Senior Thesis Seminar||Krippner,James||Class Nbr: 1616 Hav: SO||T 07:00pm-10:00pm