Fleet Management

Haverford College has instituted the following policies to ensure the safety of our students, faculty, and staff operating motor vehicles and golf carts.

The Fleet Management policy applies to all drivers using a vehicle on behalf of Haverford College business or any Haverford College activity, including but not limited to golf carts, College owned vehicles, leased vehicles, rented vehicles, and personal vehicles. The goal of the Fleet Management division is driver safety awareness and responsible driving behavior to decrease motor vehicle accidents, personal injuries and property damage.

View the policy


Contact Fleet Management at hc-fleet@haverford.edu or 610-896-4923. In an emergency, contact Campus Safety at 610-896-1111.

Fleet/Van Certification

Complete these steps for certification. After completing each step you will receive a communication from Fleet Management prior to proceeding to the next step.

  1. Complete fleet policy consent form.
  2. Within 2 business days, a link will be sent to you with more information for review.
  3. Watch the training video and complete questionnaire.
  4. Participate in a van on-road driving test with a Campus Safety officer. Available on Tuesday and Thursday at 12 noon at the Campus Safety office. Please note, this step is only required if you would like to operate a 12 passenger van.
  5. Fleet management will provide confirmation by email when you are approved for driving a College vehicle.



* Rental vehicles are available at half or full day rates. Refer to your EMS confirmation for specific pricing.

Car, Van, and Bus Rentals

The College has approved Enterprise for car/van rentals, and Werner Bus Lines, Tropiano Bus Company, and Philly Transportation for bus rentals.

Rental companies not on this list would require approval from Fleet Management in order to ensure insurance and compliance requirements are met.