The core required courses are:
- four semesters of introductory and organic chemistry: CHEM 111, 113 OR 115, CHEM 112 OR 114, CHEM 222, and CHEM 225.
- two semesters of advanced integrative chemistry laboratory (“Superlab”): CHEM 301 and 302.
- one semester of physical chemistry: CHEM 304 or 305.
- one semester of senior research tutorials: CHEM 36x or 380.
- two half-semester courses in inorganic chemistry: CHEM 320 and one of 351, 353, or 354.
- senior seminar: CHEM 391 (a half credit course over two semesters).
Chemistry majors must also complete:
- one semester of additional advanced chemistry courses numbered 304-358.
- one semester of math (MATH 118 or above).
- two semesters of either introductory physics (PHYS 101/102 or 105/106) or biology (BIOL 200).