Haverford College offers a wide range of courses on statistical theory and applications. Statistics minors take a core sequence in probability and statistics, with later flexibility in pursuing either a more applied or a more theoretical track.
Curriculum & Courses
Math majors and minors can also declare a Statistics minor.
Statistics Minor Requirements
- One of the following courses (Introduction to Statistics): STAT 203, ECON 204, PSYC 200, SOCL 215
- STAT 286 (Applied Multivariate Statistical Analysis)
- MATH 218 (Probability)
- MATH 215 (Linear Algebra)
- MATH 121 or MATH 216 (Multivariable Calculus)
- One of the following:
- STAT 328 (Mathematical Statistics)
- STAT 396 (Advanced Topics in Probability and Statistics)
- ECON 304 (Econometrics)
- SOCL 320 (Advanced Quantitative Methods for Sociologists).
Associated Programs and Concentrations
Research & Outreach
Miller's senior thesis uses the Breslow-Day Homogeneity Test to examine data from Apsley v. Boeing, an age discrimination class-action court case.
Yuan intends to go graduate school after Haverford to pursue subjects related to genetics, public health, pharmacy or biostatistics.
A half-course that aims to broaden students’ perspectives on what it means to do math.
Breimyer is Director of Software Engineering at Audible, an Amazon company.
Heaton is a staff engineer with Walker & Company Brands, and contributes to and manages a software development team within a company that solves health and beauty problems for people of color.
Lipstein launched 0s&1s, an e-book publishing copmany showcasing the work of 100-plus small publishers.
Fitzharris works as a product manager for AppNexus, a advertisement technology platform.
Check out our other academic offerings: