VCAM Design + Making Collaborative
This summer kicks off our inaugural Design + Making Collaborative, a six-week immersion in design, prototyping, and digital fabrication in partnership with a community local organization. The goal of the program is to connect students and their design skills to area organizations to solve a problem presented by the organization. In addition students will be invited to explore their own design ideas as well. While some digital fabrication experience is preferred, the collaborative will also provide training in target areas to enhance skill sets and iterative design planning. Four students (working in two teams of two) will be fully funded for the six week program that runs from June through mid-July.
This summer students will partner with members of E-Nable. E-Nable is a group of dedicated volunteers who work within the medical community to 3D print prosthetics. E-Nable will be providing guidance and feedback as students prototype a proposed medical device to be further elaborated within the summer structure. In addition, students will work with alumni volunteers and other makers in the community who will serve as mentors.
You will need to have a resume and a cover letter ready to attach when applying.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Deadline: Sunday, February 16, 2020 at 11:59 p.m.
- Friday, January 28 - Information Sessions (Tuesday, January 28th, 5–6:00 p.m., VCAM Maker Arts Space 005)
- Sunday, February 16 at 11:59 p.m. - Application Close
- February 17–23 - Applications are distributed and reviewed by Committee (no meeting)
- Tuesday, February 25 - Committee Meeting: Shortlist 4 Teams to Present
- Wednesday, February 26 - Email to Applicants about Interview
- Wednesday, March 4 - Applicants Notified of Offer
- Tuesday, March 17 - Applicants Accept Offer by 11:59 p.m. (after spring break)