The Psychology Department contains as a number of laboratories devoted to research in various sub-disciplines of psychology:
- Behavioral Neuroscience Laboratory
- Teaching and research laboratories, an animal colony, a dedicated surgical facility (including stereotaxic surgery), a cryostat and vibratome for tissue histology, Western blot and PCR for protein and gene analyses, in vivo electrochemical recordings during behavior.
- Developmental Psychology Lab
- Has a parent & child waiting/play area, a meeting/work space for lab personnel, and computers for data collection and analysis, including laptops and tablets for remote data collection.
- Human Cognitive Neuroscience Lab
- A lab with a 40-channel Neuroscan EEG/ERP system for studying human psychophysiology.
- Personality & Social Psycology Lab
- Has an interview room, a meeting space, and computers for data collection and analysis, including software for textual analysis of personal narratives and interview transcripts.
- Cognition Laboratory
- Has a computer-controlled Midi keyboard and music synthesizer system, as well as audiovisual digitization and editing facilities.
- Cultural Psychology Laboratory
- Has facilities for conducting observational research (with stress physiology equipment), computerized data collection, and a meeting space.
- Other Facilities
- In addition, there are several computer-equipped rooms to support students conducting their own independent research, senior thesis projects, or research for the laboratory-based courses in our curriculum.