The Political Science Department curriculum spans five sub-fields: American politics, comparative politics, international politics, global governance, and political theory. For additional curricular opportunities, we encourage interested students to consider course offerings of the Political Science departments of Bryn Mawr and Swarthmore Colleges.
- Current Year Courses
- Three-year Planner
- Tri-Co Course Search
- HC Academic Catalog Course Search
- About the Course Listings
About the Course Listings
Four views and tools each provide different ways of exploring the curriculum.
- Current Year Courses for this Department or Program lists only currently-offered classes, and includes scheduling and instructor information.
- The Three-Year Planner for this Department or Program lists all courses (in numerical order) offered during the current year and the last two years. Use it to understand the full course offerings from the department and how frequently courses are offered. This list does not include any scheduling information; instructor information is only historical and is likely to change in future years.
- The Tri-Co Course Search Engine lists the current offerings for all departments and programs at Haverford, Bryn Mawr, and Swarthmore Colleges, and includes scheduling and instructor information.
- The HC Academic Catalog Course Search Engine includes faceted searching (by division, domain, department, major, minor, and other fields) for all courses offered in the current year and the last two years. It does not contain scheduling information, but like the Three-Year Planner, can help you discover related interests and understand the typical pattern of offerings from year to year. This tool does not include all Bryn Mawr offerings.
Fall 2021: Haverford
|Registration-ID||Course Name||Instructor||Misc||Days and Times||Location|
|POLSH121A001||American Politics||Oberfield,Zachary W.||Class Nbr: 1582 Lim: 34 BMC: I; ; Hav: SO, B||MW 10:00am-11:30am
|POLSH131A001||Introduction to Comparative Politics||Isaacs,Anita||Class Nbr: 1576 Lim: 35 ; Hav: SO, B||TTh 10:00am-11:30am
|POLSH171A001||Introduction to Political Theory||Ochoa Espejo,Paulina||Class Nbr: 2268 Lim: 40 BMC: I; CI ; Hav: SO, B||TTh 10:00am-11:30am
|POLSH226A001||Social Movement Theory||McGovern,Steve||Class Nbr: 1707 Lim: 35 BMC: I; ; Hav: SO, B||MW 10:00am-11:30am
|POLSH253A001||Introduction to Terrorism Studies||Mendelsohn,Barak||Class Nbr: 1670 Lim: 30 ; Hav: SO, B||TTh 11:30am-01:00pm
|POLSH265A001||Capitalism and the History of Political Economic Thought||Borowiak,Craig||Class Nbr: 1706 Lim: 25 BMC: I; CI ; Hav: SO, B||TTh 01:00pm-02:30pm
|POLSH277A001||Introduction to Quantitative Research Methods in Political Science||Hasler,Jack Commins Hart||Class Nbr: 1577 Lim: 20 ; Hav: QU, SO, B||T 07:30pm-10:00pm
|POLSH278A001||The Earth: Ethics, Politics, and Economics||Donahue,Thomas J.||Class Nbr: 1590 Lim: 26 ; Hav: SO, B||F 11:00am-01:30pm
|POLSH283A001||African Politics, African Novels and Film||Wing,Susanna||Class Nbr: 1632 Lim: 20 ; Hav: SO||TTh 10:00am-11:30am
|POLSH301A001||Development, Human Rights, and Transnational Injustices||Donahue,Thomas J.||Class Nbr: 1584 Lim: 15 ; Hav: SJ, SO, B||M 01:30pm-04:00pm
|POLSH313A001||Armed Non-State Actors in International Politics||Mendelsohn,Barak||Class Nbr: 1708 Lim: 15 ; Hav: SO, B||Th 01:30pm-04:00pm
|POLSH315A001||Public Policy Analysis||Oberfield,Zachary W.||Class Nbr: 1571 Lim: 15 BMC: I; ; Hav: SO, B||T 01:30pm-04:00pm
|POLSH318A001||Contemporary Political Ideas amid Global Transformations||Ochoa Espejo,Paulina||Class Nbr: 1573 Lim: 15 ; Hav: SO, B, A||T 01:30pm-04:00pm
|POLSH320A001||Democracy in America||McGovern,Steve||Class Nbr: 1572 Lim: 15 BMC: I; ; Hav: SO, B||M 01:30pm-04:00pm
|POLSH330A001||Topics in Comparative Politics||Wing,Susanna||Class Nbr: 1569 Lim: 15 ; Hav: SO, B||W 01:30pm-04:00pm
|POLSH331A001||Research and Writing in Comparative Politics||Isaacs,Anita||Class Nbr: 1581 Lim: 15 ; Hav: SO, B||W 01:30pm-04:00pm
|POLSH366A001||Advanced Research in Global Governance||Borowiak,Craig||Class Nbr: 1570 Lim: 15 ; Hav: SO, B||W 01:30pm-04:00pm
|POLSH460A001||Teaching Assistant||Oberfield,Zachary W.||Class Nbr: 1587 Hav: SO|
|POLSH460A002||Teaching Assistant||Isaacs,Anita||Class Nbr: 2408 Hav: SO|
|POLSH460A003||Teaching Assistant||Ochoa Espejo,Paulina||Class Nbr: 2729 Hav: SO|
|POLSH480A001||Independent Study||McGovern,Steve||Class Nbr: 1578 Hav: SO|