A thoughtfully constructed sequence of courses focused on close readings of some of the most influential and fascinating works of philosophers, from Plato to Derrida, Nagarjuna to Nietzsche, together with critically reflective discussion of the impact of their ideas on the world today.
- Current Year Courses
- Three-year Planner
- Tri-Co Course Search
- HC Academic Catalog Course Search
- About the Course Listings
About the Course Listings
Four views and tools each provide different ways of exploring the curriculum.
- Current Year Courses for this Department or Program lists only currently-offered classes, and includes scheduling and instructor information.
- The Three-Year Planner for this Department or Program lists all courses (in numerical order) offered during the current year and the last two years. Use it to understand the full course offerings from the department and how frequently courses are offered. This list does not include any scheduling information; instructor information is only historical and is likely to change in future years.
- The Tri-Co Course Search Engine lists the current offerings for all departments and programs at Haverford, Bryn Mawr, and Swarthmore Colleges, and includes scheduling and instructor information.
- The HC Academic Catalog Course Search Engine includes faceted searching (by division, domain, department, major, minor, and other fields) for all courses offered in the current year and the last two years. It does not contain scheduling information, but like the Three-Year Planner, can help you discover related interests and understand the typical pattern of offerings from year to year. This tool does not include all Bryn Mawr offerings.
Fall 2020: Haverford
|Registration-ID||Course Name||Instructor||Misc||Days and Times||Location|
|PHILH104A001||Global Wisdom||Gangadean,Ashok K||Class Nbr: 2348 Lim: 25 BMC: III; CC;IP ; Hav: HU, A||TF 02:30pm-04:00pm
|PHILH107A001||Happiness, Virtue, and the Good Life||Yurdin,Joel||Class Nbr: 1627 BMC: III; CI;IP Hav: HU, A||TFT 11:00am-12:00pm
|PHILH110A001||Mind and World||Macbeth,Danielle||Class Nbr: 1291 Hav: HU, A||WSaSu 04:00pm-05:30pm
|PHILH210A001||Plato||Yurdin,Joel||Class Nbr: 2349 BMC: III; CI;IP Hav: HU, A||TF 01:00pm-02:00pm
|PHILH217A001||Philosophy of Technology||Berger,Benjamin||Class Nbr: 2566 Lim: 25 ; Hav: HU, A||MTh 04:00pm-05:30pm
|PHILH242A001||Buddhist Philosophy in a Global Context||Gangadean,Ashok K||Class Nbr: 2350 Lim: 40 ; Hav: HU, A||TF 11:00am-12:30pm
|PHILH243A001||Twentieth-Century Continental Philosophy||Mali Mason,Qrescent||Class Nbr: 2351 BMC: III; Hav: HU, A||T 01:00pm-04:00pm
|PHILH255A001||Virtue Epistemology||Macbeth,Danielle||Class Nbr: 2352 BMC: III; Hav: HU, A||WSaSu 01:00pm-02:30pm
|PHILH301A001||Topics in Philosophy of Literature||Miller,Jerry||Class Nbr: 2353 BMC: III; Hav: HU, A||T 05:30pm-08:30pm
|PHILH316A001||Topics in Contemporary Philosophy: Bergson and Heidegger||Berger,Benjamin||Class Nbr: 2567 Hav: HU, A||MTh 05:30pm-07:00pm
|PHILH399A001||Senior Seminar||Macbeth,Danielle||Class Nbr: 1292 BMC: III; Hav: HU||F 02:30pm-05:30pm
|PHILH407F001||Discussion Leaders||Yurdin,Joel||Class Nbr: 1734 Hav: HU|