A thoughtfully constructed sequence of courses focused on close readings of some of the most influential and fascinating works of philosophers, from Plato to Derrida, Nagarjuna to Nietzsche, together with critically reflective discussion of the impact of their ideas on the world today.
- Current Year Courses
- Three-year Planner
- Tri-Co Course Search
- HC Academic Catalog Course Search
- About the Course Listings
About the Course Listings
Four views and tools each provide different ways of exploring the curriculum.
- Current Year Courses for this Department or Program lists only currently-offered classes, and includes scheduling and instructor information.
- The Three-Year Planner for this Department or Program lists all courses (in numerical order) offered during the current year and the last two years. Use it to understand the full course offerings from the department and how frequently courses are offered. This list does not include any scheduling information; instructor information is only historical and is likely to change in future years.
- The Tri-Co Course Search Engine lists the current offerings for all departments and programs at Haverford, Bryn Mawr, and Swarthmore Colleges, and includes scheduling and instructor information.
- The HC Academic Catalog Course Search Engine includes faceted searching (by division, domain, department, major, minor, and other fields) for all courses offered in the current year and the last two years. It does not contain scheduling information, but like the Three-Year Planner, can help you discover related interests and understand the typical pattern of offerings from year to year. This tool does not include all Bryn Mawr offerings.
Spring 2021: Haverford
|Registration-ID||Course Name||Instructor||Misc||Days and Times||Location|
|PHILH111B001||The Wicked and the Worthy||Miller,Jerry||Class Nbr: 1867 BMC: III; CI Hav: HU, A||MTh 01:10pm-02:30pm
|PHILH117B001||Representing Difference||Mali Mason,Qrescent||Class Nbr: 2192 Hav: HU, A||T 01:10pm-04:00pm
|PHILH211B001||Philosophy of Art||Berger,Benjamin||Class Nbr: 2517 Hav: HU, A||TF 01:10pm-02:30pm
|PHILH214B001||Feminism||Mali Mason,Qrescent||Class Nbr: 2372 Hav: HU, A||T 07:10pm-10:00pm
|PHILH221A001||Early Modern Continental Philosophy||Berger,Benjamin||Class Nbr: 2624 BMC: III;||TF 11:10am-12:30pm
|PHILH253B001||Analytic Philosophy of Language||Macbeth,Danielle||Class Nbr: 2373 BMC: III; CI Hav: HU||WSaSu 02:40pm-04:00pm
|PHILH254B001||Metaphysics: Global Ontology||Gangadean,Ashok K||Class Nbr: 2374 Lim: 30 BMC: III; CC;CI ; Hav: HU, A||TF 02:40pm-04:00pm
|PHILH335B001||Topics in Modern European Philosophy: Idealism after Nihilism||Berger,Benjamin||Class Nbr: 2518 Hav: HU||TF 05:40pm-07:00pm
|PHILH342B001||Zen Thought in a Global Context||Gangadean,Ashok K||Class Nbr: 2375 Lim: 30 BMC: III; ; Hav: HU, A||TF 11:10am-12:30pm
|PHILH354B001||Topics in Metaphysics: The Philosophy of John McDowell||Macbeth,Danielle||Class Nbr: 2376 Hav: HU||Th 01:10pm-04:00pm
|Class Nbr: 1571 Hav: HU, A||F 02:40pm-05:30pm
|PHILH411I001||Discussion Leaders||Miller,Jerry||Class Nbr: 2133 BMC: III;||MTh 01:10pm-02:30pm
|PHILH480B001||Independent Study||Class Nbr: 2520 Hav: HU|