Attend the 2019 World Summit of Nobel Peace Laureates in Mérida, Mexico in September
The CPGC will support a team of students who propose a workshop for the Nobel Peace Summit's Leading By Example Youth Program.
Due to Haverford’s historic commitments to peace, including having produced four Nobel prize winners among its alumni, the College has been invited to send delegates to the 17th World Summit of Nobel Peace Laureates in Mérida, Yucatán, Mexico from September 19th to September 22nd, 2019.
Funded by the Center for Peace and Global Citizenship, priority consideration will be given to students who develop strong proposals to present workshops at the Summit's Leading By Example Youth Program. To apply, students should work in groups of 1-3 people to develop a workshop proposal following the Summit's guidelines. A team workshop proposal and individual, brief, personal applications should be submitted to the CPGC by the deadline of Sunday, May 26th at 11:59pm via the links below.
The CPGC will send out notifications with feedback on selected proposals by May 31st. The selected individuals or team will then submit their final workshop proposal to the World Summit's selection portal for full consideration by June 14th. Please feel free to connect and brainstorm with CPGC staff members and affiliated faculty during the short proposal development window!
Cost: The CPGC will cover all participants' costs, including travel, lodging, meals, and ground transportation.
Eligibility: Haverford College students and Bryn Mawr College students majoring at Haverford are eligible to apply. Applicants must be a member of the 2020, 2021, or 2022 classes.
Required Application Materials
- One Workshop Proposal Application submission per team (submit as a group)
- Personal Application submissions completed by each member of the team (submit individually)
- May 26th - Personal Application and Team Workshop Proposal Applications are due to the CPGC
- May 31st - Selection decision is announced by the CPGC via email to applicants
- June 14th - Selected revised workshop proposal is due to the Nobel Peace Summit via their application form (link will be shared with selected team)
- September 17th-23rd - Tentative travel dates, will be confirmed with selected team. Please note that if selected, you will be missing classes. Be prepared to speak to your professors about making up coursework.
Please address any questions about the Nobel Peace Summit to Stephanie Zukerman.