Queen's University Belfast Information Session (Event canceled)
Queen's University Belfast is hosting a study abroad information session for students interested in studying abroad in Northern Ireland! Attend the virtual information session to learn more about life in Belfast and the subjects offered at Queen's.
Registration required - sign up here
Belfast is a modern capital city, welcoming, easy to get around and an affordable place in which to live and study. It’s also within the safest region in the UK (UK Crime Surveys 2018/19). The city is best explored on foot or by bike, and the central campus means that most places are within a short walking distance with student travel discounts widely available for public transport.
Belfast has it all:
- A world-class arts and culture scene ranging from intimate galleries to international artists
- The cobblestoned streets of the Cathedral Quarter are home to pubs and live music
- A city centre with worldwide brands, independent boutiques, and artisan markets
- Local and international markets, shops, and restaurants throughout the city and campus, so you’ll never get bored of the cuisine
In Northern Ireland, you’re never far from spectacular scenery. Mountains, forests and stunning coastlines make up the rich landscape of the region, and activities like mountain biking, surfing and golf are popular. Belfast and the nearby Causeway Coast were named No.1 region in the world to visit in 2018 by the Lonely Planet. It’s easy to see why the Northern Ireland was chosen as the one of the filming locations for Game of Thrones!
- Northern Ireland has the lowest student cost of living in the UK (Which? University, 2018)
- Belfast and the Causeway Coast named the Number 1 region in the world to visit in 2018 (Lonely Planet, 2017)
- Northern Ireland is the happiest place in the UK (Office of National Statistics, 2016)
- Northern Ireland named world’s best food destination (International Travel and Tourism Awards, 2018)
Upcoming Featured Events
Distinguished Visitors Talk by Andrew Borowiec '79, Professor Emeritus University of Akron
Thursday, November 30, 2023