The English Department offers courses in the literary tradition of the English-speaking world. The department aims to develop in its students the ability to respond to texts thoughtfully and critically, and to articulate those responses in clear and fluent English.
- Current Year Courses
- Three-year Planner
- Tri-Co Course Search
- HC Academic Catalog Course Search
- About the Course Listings
About the Course Listings
Four views and tools each provide different ways of exploring the curriculum.
- Current Year Courses for this Department or Program lists only currently-offered classes, and includes scheduling and instructor information.
- The Three-Year Planner for this Department or Program lists all courses (in numerical order) offered during the current year and the last two years. Use it to understand the full course offerings from the department and how frequently courses are offered. This list does not include any scheduling information; instructor information is only historical and is likely to change in future years.
- The Tri-Co Course Search Engine lists the current offerings for all departments and programs at Haverford, Bryn Mawr, and Swarthmore Colleges, and includes scheduling and instructor information.
- The HC Academic Catalog Course Search Engine includes faceted searching (by division, domain, department, major, minor, and other fields) for all courses offered in the current year and the last two years. It does not contain scheduling information, but like the Three-Year Planner, can help you discover related interests and understand the typical pattern of offerings from year to year. This tool does not include all Bryn Mawr offerings.
Fall 2020: Haverford
|Registration-ID||Course Name||Instructor||Misc||Days and Times||Location|
|ENGLH209A001||Third World Cinema: Desiring Freedoms, Freeing Desires||Rajbanshi,Reema M.||Class Nbr: 1759 Lim: 25 ; Hav: HU, A||MTh 05:30pm-07:00pm
|ENGLH212A001||The Bible and Literature||Finley,Stephen||Class Nbr: 2560 BMC: III; Hav: HU, A||MW 12:45pm-02:15pm
|ENGLH225A001||Shakespeare: The Tragic and Beyond||Benston,Kim||Class Nbr: 2739 Lim: 25 ; Hav: HU, A||W 01:00pm-02:30pm
|ENGLH265A001||African American Literature: Black Horror||Solomon,Asali||Class Nbr: 2561 Lim: 15 BMC: III; ; Hav: HU, B, A||TF 01:00pm-02:30pm
|ENGLH289A001||Contemporary Poetry||Devaney,Thomas||Class Nbr: 2579 Lim: 45 ; Hav: HU||TF 11:00am-12:30pm
|ENGLH291A001||Introduction to Creative Writing Poetry I||Devaney,Thomas||Class Nbr: 1335 Lim: 15 ; Hav: HU, A-CEXP||W 01:00pm-04:00pm
|ENGLH293A001||Introduction to Creative Writing: Fiction||Solomon,Asali||Class Nbr: 1606 Lim: 14 ; Hav: HU, A-CEXP||W 11:00am-02:00pm
|ENGLH298A001||Junior Seminar I||Stadler,Gustavus||Class Nbr: 1607 Lim: 17 BMC: III; ; Hav: HU||MTh 11:00am-12:30pm
|ENGLH298A002||Junior Seminar I||Mohan,Rajeswari||Class Nbr: 1608 Lim: 17 BMC: III; ; Hav: HU||MTh 11:00am-12:30pm
|ENGLH298J001||Junior Seminar I||Department staff,TBA||Class Nbr: 1471 Hav: HU|
|ENGLH298J002||Junior Seminar I||Department staff,TBA||Class Nbr: 1472 Hav: HU|
|ENGLH301A001||Topics in Middle English: Pre-Modern Women Writers||Watson,Sarah||Class Nbr: 2583 Lim: 15 ; Hav: HU, A||TF 04:00pm-05:30pm
|ENGLH353A001||Victorian Poverty, Ecology, and Public Health||Finley,Stephen||Class Nbr: 2562 Lim: 15 BMC: III; ; Hav: HU, A||T 07:30pm-10:00pm
|ENGLH363A001||Topics in American Literature: Trauma and Its Others||Zwarg,Christina||Class Nbr: 2563 Lim: 15 BMC: III; ; Hav: HU, B, A||TF 11:00am-12:30pm
|ENGLH399F001||Senior Conference||McGrane,Laura||Class Nbr: 1933 BMC: III; Hav: HU||W 02:30pm-05:30pm
|ENGLH399F00A||Senior Conference||Finley,Stephen||Class Nbr: 1934 BMC: III; Hav: HU|
|ENGLH399F00B||Senior Conference||Mohan,Rajeswari||Class Nbr: 1935 BMC: III; Hav: HU|
|ENGLH399F00C||Senior Conference||McInerney,Maud||Class Nbr: 1936 BMC: III; Hav: HU||F 11:00am-12:30pm
|ENGLH399F00D||Senior Conference||Stadler,Gustavus||Class Nbr: 2623 BMC: III; Hav: HU|
|ENGLH399F00E||Senior Conference||Zwarg,Christina||Class Nbr: 2624 BMC: III; Hav: HU|