The English Department offers courses in the literary tradition of the English-speaking world. The department aims to develop in its students the ability to respond to texts thoughtfully and critically, and to articulate those responses in clear and fluent English.
- Current Year Courses
- Three-year Planner
- Tri-Co Course Search
- HC Academic Catalog Course Search
- About the Course Listings
About the Course Listings
Four views and tools each provide different ways of exploring the curriculum.
- Current Year Courses for this Department or Program lists only currently-offered classes, and includes scheduling and instructor information.
- The Three-Year Planner for this Department or Program lists all courses (in numerical order) offered during the current year and the last two years. Use it to understand the full course offerings from the department and how frequently courses are offered. This list does not include any scheduling information; instructor information is only historical and is likely to change in future years.
- The Tri-Co Course Search Engine lists the current offerings for all departments and programs at Haverford, Bryn Mawr, and Swarthmore Colleges, and includes scheduling and instructor information.
- The HC Academic Catalog Course Search Engine includes faceted searching (by division, domain, department, major, minor, and other fields) for all courses offered in the current year and the last two years. It does not contain scheduling information, but like the Three-Year Planner, can help you discover related interests and understand the typical pattern of offerings from year to year. This tool does not include all Bryn Mawr offerings.
Fall 2021: Haverford
|Registration-ID||Course Name||Instructor||Misc||Days and Times||Location|
|ENGLH101A001||Theories of the Novel||Mohan,Rajeswari||Class Nbr: 2165 Lim: 15 ; Hav: , B, A||MW 01:00pm-02:30pm
|ENGLH115A001||Black Memoir and Mythography: an Introduction||Solomon,Asali||Class Nbr: 2174 Lim: 25 ; Hav: HU, A||TTh 11:30am-01:00pm
|ENGLH205A001||Legends of Arthur||McInerney,Maud||Class Nbr: 2166 Lim: 30 ; Hav: HU, A||MW 02:30pm-04:00pm
|ENGLH249A001||Introduction to Asian-American Literature||Kim,Elizabeth||Class Nbr: 2724 Hav: HU, B, A||TTh 02:30pm-04:00pm
|ENGLH260A001||In the American Grain: Traditions in North American Literature||Zwarg,Christina||Class Nbr: 2169 Lim: 30 BMC: III; CC;CI ; Hav: HU, A||TTh 11:30am-01:00pm
|ENGLH278A001||Contemporary Women Writers||Watson,Sarah||Class Nbr: 2171 Lim: 28 ; Hav: HU, A||TTh 11:30am-01:00pm
|ENGLH278A002||Contemporary Women Writers||Watson,Sarah||Class Nbr: 2752 Lim: 25 ; Hav: HU, A||TTh 02:30pm-04:00pm
|ENGLH291A001||Creative Writing: Poetry I||Devaney,Thomas||Class Nbr: 2140 Lim: 15 ; Hav: HU, A-CEXP||F 01:30pm-04:00pm
|ENGLH293A001||Creative Writing: Fiction I||Solomon,Asali||Class Nbr: 2146 Lim: 15 ; Hav: HU, A-CEXP||F 11:00am-01:30pm
|ENGLH294A001||Creative Writing: Fiction II: Novel Openings||Chang,Alexandra||Class Nbr: 2591 Lim: 15 ; Hav: HU, A-CEXP||W 01:30pm-04:00pm
|ENGLH298A001||Junior Seminar I||Reckson,Lindsay V.||Class Nbr: 2147 Lim: 17 BMC: III; ; Hav: HU||TTh 10:00am-11:30am
|ENGLH298J001||Junior Seminar I||Reckson,Lindsay V.||Class Nbr: 2141 Hav: HU||TTh 00:00am-00:00am
|ENGLH356A001||Studies in American Environment and Place||Finley,Stephen||Class Nbr: 2172 Lim: 15 ; Hav: HU||T 07:30pm-10:00pm
|ENGLH363A001||Topics in American Literature: Trauma and Its Others||Zwarg,Christina||Class Nbr: 2159 Lim: 15 BMC: III; ; Hav: HU, B, A||TTh 02:30pm-04:00pm
|ENGLH373A001||Topics in British Literature: Modernist Narratives||Mohan,Rajeswari||Class Nbr: 2267 Lim: 15 BMC: III; ; Hav: HU||MW 10:00am-11:30am
|ENGLH389A001||Interpreting Lyric Poetry: Love, Loss, Transcendence||Benston,Kim||Class Nbr: 2173 Lim: 12 ; Hav: HU||TTh 01:00pm-02:30pm
|ENGLH399F001||Senior Conference||Stadler,Gustavus||Class Nbr: 2152 BMC: III; Hav: HU|
|ENGLH399F00A||Senior Conference||Mohan,Rajeswari||Class Nbr: 2153 BMC: III; Hav: HU|
|ENGLH399F00B||Senior Conference||Reckson,Lindsay V.||Class Nbr: 2154 BMC: III; Hav: HU|
|ENGLH399F00C||Senior Conference||Stadler,Gustavus||Class Nbr: 2155 BMC: III; Hav: HU|
|ENGLH399F00D||Senior Conference||Solomon,Asali||Class Nbr: 2162 BMC: III; Hav: HU|
|ENGLH399F00E||Senior Conference||Zwarg,Christina||Class Nbr: 2163 BMC: III; Hav: HU|