The English Department offers courses in the literary tradition of the English-speaking world. The department aims to develop in its students the ability to respond to texts thoughtfully and critically, and to articulate those responses in clear and fluent English.
- Current Year Courses
- Three-year Planner
- Tri-Co Course Search
- HC Academic Catalog Course Search
- About the Course Listings
About the Course Listings
Four views and tools each provide different ways of exploring the curriculum.
- Current Year Courses for this Department or Program lists only currently-offered classes, and includes scheduling and instructor information.
- The Three-Year Planner for this Department or Program lists all courses (in numerical order) offered during the current year and the last two years. Use it to understand the full course offerings from the department and how frequently courses are offered. This list does not include any scheduling information; instructor information is only historical and is likely to change in future years.
- The Tri-Co Course Search Engine lists the current offerings for all departments and programs at Haverford, Bryn Mawr, and Swarthmore Colleges, and includes scheduling and instructor information.
- The HC Academic Catalog Course Search Engine includes faceted searching (by division, domain, department, major, minor, and other fields) for all courses offered in the current year and the last two years. It does not contain scheduling information, but like the Three-Year Planner, can help you discover related interests and understand the typical pattern of offerings from year to year. This tool does not include all Bryn Mawr offerings.
Fall 2019: Haverford
|Registration-ID||Course Name||Instructor||Misc||Days and Times||Location|
|ENGLH110A001||Reading Poetry||Devaney,Thomas||Class Nbr: 1774 Lim: 20 ; Hav: HU, A||MW 11:15am-12:45pm
|ENGLH120A001||The Epic in English||McInerney,Maud||Class Nbr: 2490 Hav: HU, A||TTh 11:30am-01:00pm
|ENGLH209A001||Third World Cinema: Desiring Freedoms, Freeing Desires||Rajbanshi,Reema M.||Class Nbr: 2192 Lim: 25 ; Hav: HU, A||T 07:30pm-10:00pm
|ENGLH216A001||In the America Strain: Music in Writing 1855-1975||Devaney,Thomas||Class Nbr: 1758 Hav: HU, A||W 01:30pm-04:00pm
|ENGLH233A001||Topics in Caribbean Literature: A New Wave||Solomon,Asali||Class Nbr: 2492 Lim: 25 ; Hav: HU, B, A||TTh 11:30am-01:00pm
|ENGLH238A001||Creative Nonfiction Workshop||Kalfus,Ken||Class Nbr: 2848 Lim: 15 ; Hav: HU, A-CEXP||F 11:00am-01:30pm
|ENGLH254A001||Pre-Raphaelites, Aesthetes and Decadents: Gender and Sexuality in the late 19th Century||Sherman,Debora||Class Nbr: 2493 BMC: III; Hav: HU, A||TTh 01:00pm-02:30pm
|ENGLH258A001||The “Rise” of the Novel||Diamond,David||Class Nbr: 2849 Hav: HU, A||MW 11:15am-12:45pm
|ENGLH260A001||In the American Grain: Traditions in North American Literature||Zwarg,Christina||Class Nbr: 2494 Lim: 30 BMC: III; ; Hav: HU, A||TTh 02:30pm-04:00pm
|ENGLH291A001||Creative Writing Poetry I||Devaney,Thomas||Class Nbr: 1587 Lim: 15 ; Hav: HU, A-CEXP||F 01:30pm-04:00pm
|ENGLH293A001||Introduction to Creative Writing: Fiction||Solomon,Asali||Class Nbr: 1917 Lim: 15 ; Hav: HU, A-CEXP||W 01:30pm-04:00pm
|ENGLH298A001||Junior Seminar I||Stadler,Gustavus||Class Nbr: 1918 Lim: 17 BMC: III; ; Hav: HU||TTh 10:00am-11:30am
|ENGLH298A002||Junior Seminar I||Reckson,Lindsay V.||Class Nbr: 1919 Lim: 17 BMC: III; ; Hav: HU||TTh 10:00am-11:30am
|ENGLH298J001||Junior Seminar I||Stadler,Gustavus||Class Nbr: 1729 Hav: HU|
|ENGLH298J002||Junior Seminar I||Reckson,Lindsay V.||Class Nbr: 1730 Hav: HU|
|ENGLH301A001||Topics in Middle English: Pre-Modern Women Writers||Watson,Sarah||Class Nbr: 2189 Lim: 15 ; Hav: HU, A||TTh 02:30pm-04:00pm
|ENGLH355A001||Literature and Theories of the Postsecular||Diamond,David||Class Nbr: 2866 Lim: 15 ; Hav: HU, A||M 01:30pm-04:00pm
|ENGLH364A001||John Brown's Body: Violence, Natural Fantasy, and Bodies that Matter||Zwarg,Christina||Class Nbr: 2482 Lim: 15 ; Hav: HU, B, A||W 01:30pm-04:00pm
|ENGLH399F001||Senior Conference||Watson,Sarah||Class Nbr: 2483 BMC: III; Hav: HU|
|ENGLH399F00A||Senior Conference||Zwarg,Christina||Class Nbr: 2484 BMC: III; Hav: HU|
|ENGLH399F00B||Senior Conference||Stadler,Gustavus||Class Nbr: 2485 BMC: III; Hav: HU|
|ENGLH399F00C||Senior Conference||McGrane,Laura||Class Nbr: 2486 BMC: III; Hav: HU|
|ENGLH399F00D||Senior Conference||Reckson,Lindsay V.||Class Nbr: 2487 BMC: III; Hav: HU|
|ENGLH399F00E||Senior Conference||Solomon,Asali||Class Nbr: 2488 BMC: III; Hav: HU|
|ENGLH399F00F||Senior Conference||Watson,Sarah||Class Nbr: 2489 BMC: III; Hav: HU|