The English Department offers courses in the literary tradition of the English-speaking world. The department aims to develop in its students the ability to respond to texts thoughtfully and critically, and to articulate those responses in clear and fluent English.
- Current Year Courses
- Three-year Planner
- Tri-Co Course Search
- HC Academic Catalog Course Search
- About the Course Listings
About the Course Listings
Four views and tools each provide different ways of exploring the curriculum.
- Current Year Courses for this Department or Program lists only currently-offered classes, and includes scheduling and instructor information.
- The Three-Year Planner for this Department or Program lists all courses (in numerical order) offered during the current year and the last two years. Use it to understand the full course offerings from the department and how frequently courses are offered. This list does not include any scheduling information; instructor information is only historical and is likely to change in future years.
- The Tri-Co Course Search Engine lists the current offerings for all departments and programs at Haverford, Bryn Mawr, and Swarthmore Colleges, and includes scheduling and instructor information.
- The HC Academic Catalog Course Search Engine includes faceted searching (by division, domain, department, major, minor, and other fields) for all courses offered in the current year and the last two years. It does not contain scheduling information, but like the Three-Year Planner, can help you discover related interests and understand the typical pattern of offerings from year to year. This tool does not include all Bryn Mawr offerings.
Spring 2021: Haverford
|Registration-ID||Course Name||Instructor||Misc||Days and Times||Location|
|ENGLH101B001||Theories of the Novel||McGrane,Laura||Class Nbr: 2666 Lim: 15 ; Hav: , B, A||MTh 11:10am-12:30pm
|ENGLH110B001||Reading Poetry||Finley,Stephen||Class Nbr: 2408 Lim: 15 ; Hav: HU, A||MTh 01:10pm-02:30pm
|ENGLH201B001||Chaucer: The Canterbury Tales||Watson,Sarah||Class Nbr: 2668 Lim: 15 ; Hav: HU, A||TF 01:10pm-02:30pm
|ENGLH216B001||In the America Strain: Music in Writing 1855-1975||Devaney,Thomas||Class Nbr: 2409 Hav: HU, A||TF 01:10pm-02:30pm
|ENGLH238B001||Creative Nonfiction Workshop||Devaney,Thomas||Class Nbr: 2669 Lim: 15 ; Hav: HU, A-CEXP||Th 01:10pm-04:00pm
|ENGLH247B001||Planetary Lines in World Literature and Film||Rajbanshi,Reema M.||Class Nbr: 1955 Hav: HU, A||MTh 11:10am-12:30pm
|ENGLH253B001||English Poetry from Tennyson to Eliot||Finley,Stephen||Class Nbr: 2412 Hav: HU, B, A||T 07:10pm-10:00pm
|ENGLH270B001||Portraits in Black: The Influence and Crucible of African-American Culture||Zwarg,Christina||Class Nbr: 2147 Lim: 15 ; Hav: HU||TF 11:10am-12:30pm
|ENGLH274B001||Modern Irish Literature||Sherman,Debora||Class Nbr: 2413 Hav: HU||TF 02:40pm-04:00pm
|ENGLH292B001||Poetry Writing II||Devaney,Thomas||Class Nbr: 2670 Lim: 15 ; Hav: HU, A-CEXP||T 04:10pm-07:00pm
|ENGLH293B001||Introduction to Creative Writing: Sounds of Experimentation||Rajbanshi,Reema M.||Class Nbr: 2194 Lim: 15 ; Hav: HU, A-CEXP||T 04:10pm-07:00pm
|ENGLH294B001||Advanced Fiction Writing||Solomon,Asali||Class Nbr: 1937 Lim: 15 ; Hav: HU, A-CEXP||Th 09:40am-12:30pm
|ENGLH299B001||Junior Seminar II||Mohan,Rajeswari||Class Nbr: 1938 Lim: 17 ; Hav: HU||MTh 11:10am-12:30pm
|ENGLH299B002||Junior Seminar II||Stadler,Gustavus||Class Nbr: 1939 Lim: 17 ; Hav: HU||MTh 11:10am-12:30pm
|ENGLH301B001||Topics in Middle English: Racing Romance, Black Knights and White Cannibals||McInerney,Maud||Class Nbr: 2675 Lim: 15 BMC: III; ; Hav: HU, A||MTh 02:40pm-04:00pm
|ENGLH361B001||Topics African-American Lit: Representations of American Slavery||Solomon,Asali||Class Nbr: 1940 Lim: 15 ; Hav: HU, A||Th 01:10pm-04:00pm
|ENGLH365B001||Topics in American Literature: Rock, Soul, and Cultural Criticism||Stadler,Gustavus||Class Nbr: 2676 Lim: 14 ; Hav: HU, B, A||T 04:10pm-07:00pm
|ENGLH399B001||Senior Conference||Mohan,Rajeswari||Class Nbr: 1926 Hav: HU|
|ENGLH399B00A||Senior Conference||Stadler,Gustavus||Class Nbr: 1715 Hav: HU|
|ENGLH399B00B||Senior Conference||Zwarg,Christina||Class Nbr: 1716 Hav: HU|
|ENGLH399B00C||Senior Conference||Solomon,Asali||Class Nbr: 1717 Hav: HU|
|ENGLH399B00D||Senior Conference||McInerney,Maud||Class Nbr: 1718 Hav: HU|
|ENGLH399B00E||Senior Conference||McGrane,Laura||Class Nbr: 1719 Hav: HU|
|ENGLH399B00F||Senior Conference||Rajbanshi,Reema M.||Class Nbr: 2724 Hav: HU|
|ENGLH399F001||Senior Conference||Solomon,Asali||Class Nbr: 2938 BMC: III; Hav: HU|
|ENGLH480B001||Independent Study||McInerney,Maud||Class Nbr: 2242 BMC: III; Hav: HU, B, A|