Placements & Partnerships
Education as a liberal art is a two-way bridge between the academy and the community. In addition to extensive exploration (and creation) of educational research and theory, Education courses include field placements in a range of educational settings—classrooms, after-school programs, arts organizations, adult learning centers, and online settings. Ranging from two hours per week in the introductory course to full-time student teaching in the certification program, these placements engage students as observers, assistants, collaborators, curriculum developers, and workshop leaders.
All Fall 2020 Placements and Partnerships associated with Education courses will be taking place remotely. Depending on the course, students will connect with either a partnership based in the remote K-12 classroom, or a partnership with a related organization. Clearances are still required for remote placement and partnerships. Please contact mdavis3 [at] haverford.edu (Mercedes Davis), Special Assistant to the Education Program or mschall [at] brynmawr.edu (Margo Schall) for clearance instruction and questions.
- Titagya Schools, Dalun, Ghana: Since 2010, the Education Program has been working with an early education project in Northern Ghana by supporting student interns, co-creating and co-leading teacher workshops, and facilitating cross-cultural exchange and dialogue.
- University for Development Studies, Tamale, Ghana: UDS, Ghana's state University for the Northern region, and Bryn Mawr have entered into an educational partnership to support student and faculty collaboration and exchange.
- Science Leadership Academy at Beeber, Philadelphia, Pa.: SLA Beeber partners with the Education Program to sponsor the Dialogue Project through which high school students act as teacher educators sharing their insights and perspectives with pre-service teachers.
- Parkway West High School, Philadelphia, PA.: In past years, Education faculty and students have engaged in a multi-pronged partnership including curriculum development, cross-visits to classes, linked course projects, classroom assistance, and more. In addition, Bryn Mawr College worked with Parkway West High School to create a community garden in the Mill Creek Community of West Philadelphia, The Sunkissed Acres Beauty Project.
- Friends School Haverford, Haverford, PA
- Gotwals Elementary School, Norristown, PA
- Masterman, Philadelphia, PA
- Newcomer Learning Academy, Philadelphia, PA
- Overbrook Educational Center, Philadelphia, PA
- Puentes de Salud After School, Philadelphia, PA
- Radnor High School, Radnor, PA
- Radnor Elementary School, Radnor PA
- Woodlynde School, Strafford, PA
- HMS School for Children with Cerebral Palsy, Philadelphia, PA
- Vaux Big Picture High School, Philadelphia PA
- Rose Tree Media School District, Media, PA
- Common Space, Ardmore, PA