Haverford College is committed to ensuring that all students are afforded equal access to all college programs, activities and services.
Students with disabilities are not required to register with ADS if they do not wish to receive accommodations. You may request accommodations at any point in your academic career at Haverford, but we cannot ensure that accommodations can be provided if reasonable advance notice is not given. Early contact reduces unnecessary inconvenience and delays.
- Academic and Other Accommodations:
Voluntary Disability Disclosure and Accommodations Request Form
Submit this form as soon as possible if you think you may need academic accommodations or other accommodations (including dining/dietary accommodations) at Haverford for the coming academic year because of a physical, learning, psychological or medical disability/condition.
- Housing Accommodations:
Housing Accommodation Request Form Deadlines: February 8, 2019 (current students); June 19, 2019 (incoming students)
Submit this form if you need any kind of housing accommodation due to a disability for the coming academic year (including medical need for air conditioning).
- Allergy and Asthma: New Documentation Form for Housing Accommodations
Verification of Disability Form for Housing Accommodation for Asthma and Allergy Conditions
Important: If you are requesting housing accommodations due to an asthma or allergy condition, you must print out and have your health care professional fill out this form. For these conditions, a physical letter from your physician or health care provider is no longer accepted.
- All Accommodations:
Students requesting any kind of accommodation due to a disability must provide documentation of a condition that has a current functional impact and meets the current legal definition of a disability. Review the Documentation Guidelines for more information.
- After we have received your documentation, ADS will set up a time to speak with you over the phone or in person. We want to get to know you, talk to you about how your disability affects you, discuss your needs, answer any questions, and review your documentation. We will work together to determine what is appropriate for you in order to be successful at Haverford. ADS may also consult with other College staff as necessary (e.g. Residential Life, Dining Services, etc.).
- If you are requesting academic accommodations, ADS will email you an "Accommodation Verification Letter." This letter verifies your eligibility for accommodations, and states only your accommodation(s), not your disability(ies).
- In order to receive academic accommodations, it is your responsibility to contact the professor of any course you wish to use them in —this includes professors at Bryn Mawr and Swarthmore campuses. You are not required to use your accommodations in every course, however. You must give the professor your verification letter (we recommend via email), and set up a time to meet privately with them to discuss how your accommodations will apply in the individual course. We recommend students do this within the first two weeks of the semester.
If you have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.