Policies & Procedures: Frequently Asked Questions about First-Year Housing at Haverford
Click a question to reveal the answer. If you cannot find the answers you are looking for, please contact Office of Residential Life.
Chase Hall, Suite 213
- Where do first-year students live?
- How are first-year students housed? Are they housed on a first come, first served basis?
- Why can't I request to live in a particular residence hall?
- How and when will I get my housing assignment? And the name of my roommate?
- Can I contact my roommate or other first-year students? And how do I?
Arrival Dates & Visiting Residence Halls
- Can I come by in the summer to see my room?
- When can I move in?
- Can I arrive early?
- 4. I am a first-year student participating in the Tri-College Equity, Identity, and Social Justice Institute. When can I move in to my room?
- Can I ship things to Haverford prior to my arrival?
- What is provided in each room in Barclay or Gummere?
- What should I bring if I am living in Barclay, Gummere or Tritton?
- What is provided in each room in HCA?
- What should I bring if I am living in HCA?
- Are there vacuum cleaners available for students to use?
- What are the things I SHOULD NOT bring?
- How can I decorate my room?
- What is the size of the mattress?
- Are there places to do laundry?
- What kind of telephone service does Haverford provide in the residence halls?
- What kind of computing services and internet connection does the College provide?
- Is Wireless Internet available in the residence halls?
- Can I have a television in my room? What about a satellite dish?
- If I am living in the apartments, can I purchase cable television service?
- Are there any places on campus where I can watch cable or satellite television?
- Are the residence halls air conditioned?
- Can students have room air conditioners?
- If I have a medical need for an air conditioning, what type of medical documentation is needed ?
- Can I use a portable air conditioner?
Residence Hall Living & Social Policies
- Are bathrooms coed in the residence halls?
- Does Haverford have Resident Assistants (RAs)?
- What is Haverford's policy regarding overnight guests?
- What is Haverford's smoking policy?
- What is Haverford's alcohol and drug policy?
- What is Haverford's Social Honor Code?