Neal Shore graduated from the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine in 1977, and completed his psychiatric residency training at the Institute of Pennsylvania Hospital in 1981. He also received psychoanalytic training at the Philadelphia Psychoanalytic Institute. He is a Diplomate of the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology (1984) and also has ABPN subspecialty certification in Addiction Psychiatry (1993, 2003, 2013). Neal has held a number of clinical, academic and administrative positions within the Philadelphia area. Accordingly, he brings a wide range of experiences to Haverford College. Most recently, he worked as a psychiatric consultant at Cabrini College and before that was Interim Chair and Director of Inpatient Services in the Department of Psychiatry at Christiana Care Health Services. He is currently on the active medical staff at Bryn Mawr Hospital. Throughout his professional life, Neal has maintained an active private practice, located in Bryn Mawr. His outside interests include: tennis, biking, and music.
- Nace, E.P., Saxon, J.J. and Shore, N.A.: Borderline personality disorder and alcoholism treatment: A one-year follow-up study. J Stud Alcohol, 47: 196-200, 1986. http://www.jsad.com/doi/10.15288/jsa.1986.47.196
- Nace, E.P., Saxon, J.J. and Shore, N.A.: A comparison of borderline and non-borderline alcoholic patients. Arch Gen Psychiatry, 40: 54-56, 1983. http://archpsyc.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx?articleid=492951
- “Importance of Early Recognition and Appropriate Treatment of Bipolar Depression” Presented to Primary Care Physicians, (March 24, 2009) Thorndale, PA
- “Clinical Insights in the Treatment of Bipolar Depression” Malvern Institute, (December 4, 2008) Malvern, PA
- “Bipolar Disorder: Strategies in Acute Treatment and Maintenance Therapy” Bowling Green Inn Addiction Treatment Center, (November 28, 2008) Kennett Square, PA
- “New Insights in the Treatment of Bipolar Depression” Inpatient Psychiatry Staff, Bryn Mawr Hospital, (May 28, 2008) Bryn Mawr, PA