Kate will be returning to work in person in the Controller's Office several days per week. The best days to schedule face-to-face meetings or drop by the student payroll office are Wednesdays and Fridays, though she is available, as needed, any day during the week. You can also schedule a Zoom meeting use this link https://go.oncehub.com/ControllersOfficeKateVelezLeddyZoomMeeti or reach out by phone (610-896-1243) or email (kvelezledd [at] haverford.edu).
Kate is a member of the Controller’s Office team with primary responsibility for the student and summer payrolls and over-all payroll accounting. Her role supports and complements the work of the Payroll Manager, Accounting Manager, and Human Resources Office staff including:
- Processing student and summer bi-weekly payrolls,
- Helping students and staff with questions and problems with time entry, payroll taxes, on-boarding, and paychecks,
- Assisting student worker managers with student time approvals and reporting on departmental student payroll costs,
- Coordinating with the IITS and HR departments to identify and resolve payroll processing problems, and
- Providing informational and problem-solving assistance that facilitates the smooth and error free financial operation of the College.
Kate began her accounting career at Bryn Mawr College working in the Controller’s Office and the Human Resources Office. She recently returned to higher education following more than 20 years in leadership roles in finance, operations, and human resources helping entrepreneurs grow their companies into successful, top-ranked businesses in the Philadelphia region. She received her bachelor’s degree in Business Management from the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania.