Programmer/Analyst at Haverford College since 1983, currently supporting:
- Workday (primarily HR, Benefits)
- Peoplesoft (Student Accounts, Registrar)
- PowerFAIDS and Slate (Financial Aid, Admission)
- The Housing Director (ResLife, Meals, Facilities)
- CBORD (Meals, dorm access)
- Legacy PICK-database System aka our dear old “Admin” (residual 3rd party integrations and archival data store)
Additional areas of support are Health Services, Athletics, Central Services, Bookstore, Campus Safety, Communications, and ad hoc departments as needed to facilitate data processes between departments and third-party affiliates. Each supported system has its own technical/proprietary “language” or set of development tools, used in combination with SQL, LINUX shell and cron, SFTP, and MS-Office (especially Excel).
Outside of Haverford College, I am a volunteer with Musicians On Call, a grave-gardener at The Woodlands Cemetery, and a certified volunteer tax preparer (IRS VITA) working with the Campaign for Working Families in Philadelphia.