Franklyn is working on-campus four days per week. To schedule a meeting (whether in person, by phone, or by Zoom), email fcantor [at] haverford.edu.
As Assistant Chief of Staff, Franklyn Cantor is responsible for a range of initiatives in the Office of the President, including:
- Strategic efforts in diversity, equity, inclusion, and antiracism in partnership with the Interim Chief Diversity Officer
- Developing new projects in support of the College's Sustainability Strategic Plan, with a specific focus on the waste stream
- Policy development and/or implementation
- Contributing to cross-divisional processes (e.g. Academic Catalog, re-accreditation)
- Campus signage and navigation
- Promoting campus voter engagement
- Special events such as Commencement and Inauguration
- Support for the Board of Managers
- Managing the Office's operating budgets and restricted funds
fcantor [at] haverford.edu (Send me an email) if you're interested in talking about any of the above!
Before joining the President's Office, Franklyn worked in Student Life as a part of the Dean's Office, and received his B.A. in History of Art from Haverford in 2012. He lives with his wife, his young son, and two dogs outside of Media, about twenty minutes from the College. He formerly lived in the South Kensington neighborhood of Philadelphia (near Fishtown), where he served as the Judge of Election for the 18th division of the 18th ward.