View my Organic Chemistry Reference Lectures
(Video & Related Text)
Princeton University: A.B., Chemistry, 1959
Harvard University: M.A., Chemistry, 1960; Ph.D., Chemistry, 1963
- Instructor, 1963-1965
- Assistant Professor, 1965-1968
- Visiting Assistant Professor, 1968-1969
- Associate Professor, 1969-1976
- Professor, 1976-1997
- Adjunct Professor, 1997-2007
- Emeritus Professor, 2007
Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (ETH), Zurich:
- Academic Guest, 1972-1973, 1976-1977, 1989-1990
- Visiting Professor, 1984-1985
- Visiting Professor (fall) and Visiting Scholar (spring), 1995-2002
- Woodward, R. B.; Wintner, C., "The Methoxazonyl Group," Tetrahedron Letters (1969), No. 32, 2689.
- Eschenmoser, A.; Wintner, C. E., "Natural Product Synthesis and Vitamin B12," Science (1977), 196, 1410.
- Wintner, C. E., "Strands of Organic Chemistry," Holden Day: San Francisco 1979,128 pages.
- Wintner, C. E., "Two-Dimensional Chirality in Three-Dimensional Chemistry," Journal of Chemical Education (1983), 60, 550.
- Wintner, C. E., "Stereoelectronic Effects, Tau Bonds, and Cram's Rule," Journal of Chemical Education (1987), 64, 587.
- Mueller, D.; Pitsch, S.; Kittaka, A.; Wagner, E.; Wintner, C. E.; Eschenmoser, A., "Chemistry of alpha-Aminonitriles. Aldomerisation of Glycolaldehyde Phosphate to Racemic Hexose-2,4,6-Triphosphates and (in the Presence of Formaldehyde) Racemic Pentose-2,4-Diphosphates: rac-Allose-2,4,6-Triphosphate and rac-Ribose-2,4-Diphosphate Are the Main Reaction Products," Helvetica Chimica Acta (1990), 73, 1410.
- Rablen, P. R.; Deuber, M. A.; Lim, A. C.; Dickson, R. M.; Wintner, C. E., "Cyclic Ketals of 9-Fluorenone: An Advanced Organic Laboratory Exercise in Synthesis and Stereochemical Analysis Using 13CNMR," Journal of Chemical Education (1991), 68, 796.